MikeVTWIN

BikeVis Cree v3 or Denali S310

MikeVTWIN

I have Denalis (DMs) on my Africa Twin and have been researching something similar (but cheaper) for my NC750s. I am really impressed by the BikeVis Cree spec but then I checked the Denali listings and spotted the S310s .. I think a few folk on here have them fitted. Any last minute views before I order the Cree units? 

Thanks.

kayz1

I have had a few ( 3 ) sets of the Bike Vis Cree units and all have been good.

Lyn.

halfabusa
7 hours ago, Chris ofc said:

I have no experience with either, but i fitted a relatively unknown brand to my bike a few months back.

Wesem worklights (led variants) are really nice for bike use.. pretty cheap and give a ton of light.

http://shop.wesem.com/en/5/6773/lampy_robocze_z_diodami_led_12_24v_1000lm_1500lm_typu_crc5

I can't see the price or purchase option on that link, could you tell me how much they were and how did you order it?

Curious as it seems to be 1000-1500 lumens which is more powerful than bikevis models.

MikeBike

Neither. Get lost of positive comments on these that I have on my NC about how good they look and how bright they are. They are also vertical strips and serve to empasise the 'bike' form. Come with relay etc in the box. Mounted mine on the edges of my rad guard.

See

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q9SXPA?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_ya_signin&th=1

MikeVTWIN

Thanks for the comments. .. I thought I'd finished researching this too! 

Chris ofc
3 hours ago, halfabusa said:

I can't see the price or purchase option on that link, could you tell me how much they were and how did you order it?

Curious as it seems to be 1000-1500 lumens which is more powerful than bikevis models.

You gotta find a reseller to buy the lights.. I paid 50 euro's per light for mine.
The housing is all metal and it uses a deutsche DT 2 pin connector.
So you will still have to make your own wiring loom with relay etc.. but that's not too hard.

ec319bac91f12b6e665f9c320fdbce94.png

halfabusa
8 hours ago, MikeBike said:

Neither. Get lost of positive comments on these that I have on my NC about how good they look and how bright they are. They are also vertical strips and serve to empasise the 'bike' form. Come with relay etc in the box. Mounted mine on the edges of my rad guard.

See

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q9SXPA?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_ya_signin&th=1

Thanks for that Mike. I have to admit they look really substantial for visibility by other vehicles as the light pattern is spread over a length. On your post you mention it also illuminates about 10 meters or so with a photo taken to show it in dark. I wonder how they would compare to traditional spotlights such as Chris's setup?

My main need is more illumination than the bike's LED headlights provide, rather than better visibility to other vehicles. I'm still leaning towards spotlights but to be honest, your option seems a lot cheaper than that. 

£38 for the lights vs bikevis cree spots for £89. Hell i can even get a rad guard for the same total price... Very tempting...

As for electrical connections, i'm not confident with my skills at all so whatever I buy, i'll get my mechanic to fit.

MikeBike

I don't see an easy way to compare their brightness. I looked online and in the manual and can't see a lumens figure. Just checked the box as well as I ordered a spare set for my next bike as I like them so much.

http://www.aeg-automotive.com/en/products/id/77 (has link to manual as well)

says Lamp type: 2 x 18 Power LED and Power uptake 4.5W

I went riding in a group and some had spots and I had these and a rider over from the US riding with us immediately asked about them and ordered a set for him to take back to the US.

Another very experienced biker asked if I'd ever been stopped by the police because they were so bright.

I bought them for visibility and the extra illumination ahead is a plus.

halfabusa

Yep, i found that manual too, but didn't see the lumens figure. They are really a good find for the price. If you get a chance sometime, would you be able to take a video of them in dark from rider point of view? That usually gives the best impression as to how they illuminate the road ahead. 

MikeBike
11 minutes ago, halfabusa said:

Yep, i found that manual too, but didn't see the lumens figure. They are really a good find for the price. If you get a chance sometime, would you be able to take a video of them in dark from rider point of view? That usually gives the best impression as to how they illuminate the road ahead. 

I have an Osram nightbreaker headlight which makes a big difference so may not be clear what's the headlight and what are the LED's. I'll try to take a photo with the headlamp unplugged.

halfabusa

Thanks again for the trouble! Much appreciated. If you take it from rider point of view looking ahead, that would give some indication on how far the light reaches.

Edited by halfabusa

MikeBike
2 hours ago, halfabusa said:

I took a photo and put it in the AEG DRL thread linked above

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9971-aeg-daytime-running-lights-fitted/&do=findComment&comment=272576

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 1

halfabusa

Wow that is a very strong beam actually. I wasn't thinking it would be that much. This photo just convinced me to buy one :D

It seems to be diffused light rather than spot as well, which would work better to evenly illuminate ahead, which is what matters on a dark motorway. 

MikeBike

You can see in the photos in the other thread how I used the mounting screws of my Evotech Performance radiator guard to provide a suitable mounting location.

halfabusa

Yes, I noticed you mentioned you swapped the brackets on that thread, I'll have to buy it and see what you meant but it is clear from the photos how you mounted them. Should be easy to match your setup. Only thing is then getting someone to do the electrical connections. 

MikeVTWIN

Eventually decided on BikeViz Cree v3 and Heed Bars. Service from both companies excellent. Bit of imagination needed to alter various clamps etc to get the lights to fit but all good after a little thought. Fitting the Heed bars was very easy .. if a little fiddly. Wiring the lights was straight forward enough too once I worked out the light switch I bought off that auction site wasn't wired as suggested by the colours of the wires! Had I tested it with a meter first it would have saved me a couple of hours. 

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 1