StevO

Quick Screen question

StevO

Hi all, 

I know the topic of screens is one of vast debate but having read numerous  threads, I would just like to know and ask if any one has standard Honda hand guards fitted and if so what screen fits, or it may be better to state what does not  fit.

I picked up my NC750x DCT yesterday 2018 model in Blue, I knew from the start I would need a different screen, I like the Givi and the Puig touring. Any advice or  information is most welcome.

Cheers everyone 

Steve O     

wingrider.steve

I also have a NC750X, 2016 in blue. I have the MRA screen on mine with Givi handguards if that's any help.

Beesto

I have exactly the same issue as StevO. I had the Honda hand guards fitted as part of the travel pack and I want to upgrade the screen to the Puig Touring, but don't want to order if it won't fit with the hand guards. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

StevO

Hi all  just an update,

I went ahead and ordered the Puig touring screen and it fits a treat, looks great as well, I purchased the light tint.

Only had one short 12 mile ride  to work so far.  First impressions are good, it deflects the air more giving more wind protection......however I ride with a Schuberth S1 Pro this is my everyday helmet which I have never had any issues with, indeed my last two bikes I have been able to ride visor up at motorway speeds without the need for earplugs.  BMW K1300s (touring screen & adjustable wing) Kawasaki Versys 1000 (Givi airflow). 

At the moment with any opening at all on my visor I now have a loud vibration/buzzing which is so loud I can only ride with the visor closed.

I will attempt a slight modification with spacers on the upper two bolts to bring the screen slightly forward to see if this stops the issue, I shall also take a ride with my BMW system 6 and Shoei Raid 2   to see if the issue remains.

Overall great looking screen, well priced, fits well with Honda hand guards  but now causes loud vibration to helmet visor. 

Obviously we are all different and what one person experiences the other may not.

Further update after the weekend.

Anyone else's input greatly appreciated.

Ride safe guys in this awful weather.

StevO   

Beesto
11 hours ago, StevO said:

Hi all  just an update,

I went ahead and ordered the Puig touring screen and it fits a treat, looks great as well, I purchased the light tint.

Only had one short 12 mile ride  to work so far.  First impressions are good, it deflects the air more giving more wind protection......however I ride with a Schuberth S1 Pro this is my everyday helmet which I have never had any issues with, indeed my last two bikes I have been able to ride visor up at motorway speeds without the need for earplugs.  BMW K1300s (touring screen & adjustable wing) Kawasaki Versys 1000 (Givi airflow). 

At the moment with any opening at all on my visor I now have a loud vibration/buzzing which is so loud I can only ride with the visor closed.

I will attempt a slight modification with spacers on the upper two bolts to bring the screen slightly forward to see if this stops the issue, I shall also take a ride with my BMW system 6 and Shoei Raid 2   to see if the issue remains.

Overall great looking screen, well priced, fits well with Honda hand guards  but now causes loud vibration to helmet visor. 

Obviously we are all different and what one person experiences the other may not.

Further update after the weekend.

Anyone else's input greatly appreciated.

Ride safe guys in this awful weather.

StevO   

thanks for the update StevO. I will go ahead and order one now. Was it easy to fit? Where did you purchase from? Cheers

JWilliss20
On 29.11.2018 at 00:20, StevO said:

StevO   

Hey StevO, just wanted to thank you for the post, as I could not decide between 2 screens, the first one is by National Cycle, the second one is Puig touring. My NC700X is 2012, but as long as you like the way it works on the 2018, I am sure it will do well on the 2012. By the way, I plan on going with the light tint as well.

As for the hand guards, I consider Acerbis for my 2012. I am from the U.S., so I cannot comment on the places where they are avail. Though, I can share my impressions and/or pictures once I get them.

Scootabout

The Puig screen on my 2013 X is a bit noisier than the original, but as it protects so much better from wind blast I've stuck with it. It's fine with earplugs, which I use all the time anyway. 

• Like 1

StevO

Hi all, just a quick update regarding the screen upgrade. I said that I was experiencing vibration on my Schuberth, I have since changed to my Shoie Raid 2 and can say all is quiet, no vibration no buffeting and no turbulence. I will experiment with my System 6 over the next week and see how that goes.

On another note the fender extender is working well. The bike has performed without fault giving me 77 mpg, untroubled by cross winds and the recent weather. 

I still have accessories to add .. luggage rack and box, sat nav mount , various sockets and wiring for heated jacket and optimate.

My only criticism at this time is the noise of the automatic gearbox, some times I'm very aware of it other times I'm not,maybe I'm still getting used to it, anyway still really pleased I made the jump, time will tell. around 700 miles in at this time. Watch this space.

Ride safe everyone 

StevO 

• Like 3