Sign in to follow this  
Stu Brown

Bar risers for Integra

Stu Brown

Has any one ever fitted bar risers to their Integra?

I would be interested in learning about brake line and wiring length issues - if any .

I have a pair of 25mm high blocks and was considering fitting them this winter.

Thanks

Stuart

Matlock

DaveM59

Yes I did and it generally ruined things.

I tried 2 different types, a solid alloy block type the lifted about an inch, and a set of cast ones that allowed an up and back type.

You have to remove a pair of brackets from the lower tree that hold the brake pipes. The instructions state they can be left off safely which is what I did and had no issues doing so. I didn't replace them when I removed the risers either, but added a couple of tie fasteners.

The simple risers are ok with the standard plastic covers but does leave a bigger gap at the bottom, but the up and back ones require the top cover half to be trimmed quite a bit to clear the risers. I bought a spare.

The problems I had though was that the bars vibrated really badly making long trips really uncomfortable. Risers were not as bad as up and back ones which caused the grips to really wobble so much that I couldn't keep a grip on the throttle after a few hours and my hands went numb. It's as if the damping of the tub forming the bars was lacking yest in principle just spacing them up shouldn't make a difference.

If you are finding the bars a bit uncomfortable try just twisting them a little to adjust the angle of the grips through your hands. I found in the stock position the grips didn't quite sit across my palms squarely but with a slight twist it was much better.

• Thanks 1

Stu Brown

Thanks for the info. I will go for the easy option of twisting the bars and see if that feels any better.

I may try the simple riser blocks if there seems to be no difference.

Thanks

Stuart

Matlock