Sign in to follow this  
marketdrayton

Sub Harness / Heated Seat

marketdrayton

Hi, I have had my seat reupholstered locally and part of that was to install a pair of heated pads. They work fantastic as two heat levels. But...

i assumed (wrongly) that the fusebox would be ignition switched rather than permanent live. So;

q1 if I sub harness the bike will this provide me the switched live? Is it the same as 2015 08A70-MJL-D30?

q2 anyone recommend a 3way (on off on) waterproof switch?

q3 am I ok powerwise? I have genuine Honda heated grips & fog/driving lights (I may actually hav3 the harness fitted because of these).....

Thanks  as always.

MikeBike

a1) Yes it will give you a switched live. The Fuse is 7.5A for the sub harness relay.

a3) You dont say what amperage your seat pads are in total but assume you will wire from battery direct with a relay switched from the acc harness switched live.

You should have the sub harness if you have the genuine honda heated grips (although it is sold separately).

Edited by MikeBike
  • Thanks 1

arengle
13 hours ago, MikeBike said:

You should have the sub harness if you have the genuine honda heated grips (although it is sold separately).

For 2016 models you don't need the subharness for heated grips, is used only by the fog lights and power sockket. The subharness have a dedicated connector in front of the bike, but i think you do need the relay and fuse, same circuitry.