Bigglesaircraft

Morphed Into something very different.

Bigglesaircraft

I have made a few changes to my Hetty ( my 2013 NC700X moto), I have given her two new tyres the Mich PR4s, have lowered the rear suspension using the LUST 40mm dog bones and lowered the front suspension by 10mm, shortened the kick stand by 30mm by cutting just below the spring peg and providing a liner then welding it back up. The main stand is now a bit of a problem I may lower that at a later date as it is a bit of a heave to use it.

But, what a wonderful enormous difference, if I had had this done by a garage I would have returned it to them saying that they had given me the wrong machine as it was so completely different.

The tyres feel superb, much quieter than the Bridgestones and the feel and response from them is amazing and they will get better after they are properly scrubbed in, they give you a real feeling of security and confidence that the moto will do exactly what you want it to, some how the suspension also has a softer feel non of the jarring that I used to get when riding over a bad road surface. The turn in to corners has also improved particularly the slower hairpins corners which there are so many here where I live and also the pitching forward on the seat has also stopped, in fact it has become even more of a delight to ride.

I have always done my wheel alignment using the "string method" which unless you have someone to assist you can be very time consuming but I have now purchased one of the ABN Chain Alignment Tools, so easy and quick to use and from what I can see it is possibly far more accurate as it removes so many of the physical variables of other methods. All together a couple of very very enjoyable days work, money well spent and  the moto sooo easy to work on.

I cannot wait for some winter sunshine to get into the mountains and really enjoy myself.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Tex

Sounds like time well spent! Enjoy the fruits of your labour. :niceone:

• Thanks 1

Bigglesaircraft
2 hours ago, Tex said:

Sounds like time well spent! Enjoy the fruits of your labour. :niceone:

Thanks for your comment Tex, I must admit it is many years since I have had the opportunity of enjoying doing anything to a moto or car, since my Rally engine building days in the 80s. 

GS Jockey

I know that feeling well. Not on an NC (not got one yet) but on my FJ. Fitted it with specially made FJ-only suspension last year, terms like 'Chalk and Cheese' or Night and Day' are understatements. Nice to know I can do similar to an NC when I eventually get one.

• Like 1