Iron horse

Delkevic cans

Iron horse

I don't need a new exhaust but that doesn't stop me looking. I really couldn't justify spending over £400 on an Akrapovic or similar, but a Delkevic at £130 doesn't seem bad. Are they worth it, do they sound ok and do they last? That big auction site has a few to choose from. Any thoughts?

Matatpub

I had one fitted to my nc and it did sound great i brought the stainless steel one but they sent the carbon one by mistake but I kept it 

edgey999

Hi

I have looked at both the Delkevic and Fuel exhaust for my NC. I have had a Delkevic before on another bike and it was a good can. Quality wasn't quite as good as other cans i have had inc a Fuel but wasn't a problem and they do offer a 5yr guarantee.

I have just purchased the Fuel F1R for my NC. It was £169 inc the shipping which seemed like a good price. 

makman

SP Engineering should be worth a look as well. They do make rather nice end cans and are well put together.  Mine has a lovely rumble and with the baffle out is not too loud (but I am deaf) when on the move.  It does weigh a great deal less than the OEM can for sure!

Mr Toad

I had a Delkevic on my NC, it was the stainless one and it was, still is, absolutely fine. I found it too noisy with the baffles out but with them in it had a nice sound without being offensive.

New owner still has it fitted, I gave him the original when he bought the bike, and he loves it too.

When you consider what some slip on cans cost, the Akrapovic is a case in point , I felt the Delkevic was very reasonably priced and well made. It went on without any fuss or needing any modification.

horobags

I've had fuel cans on my last 2 bikes, great quality and price, and the sound is deep but not too noisy. Previous to that I had an akrapovic which was twice the price, I can honestly say the Fuel hasn't disappointed me at all.

Rocker66

I was disappointed with the Akrapovic on my NC especially the lovely (but not loud) the one on my CB500X made.

• Confused 1

Rocker66
2 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

I was disappointed with the Akrapovic on my NC especially the lovely (but not loud) the one on my CB500X made.

That should obviously have read “ I was disappointed with the Akrapovic on my NC especially after the lovely ( but not loud) sound the one on my CB500X made” 

Really shouldn’t type whilst watching TV.😀😀

• Haha 1

slowboy

Today's top tip;

A Crocodile clip and a piece of stiff card will enhance your aural experience, with a considerable cost saving too. Worked on my Raleigh Chopper.

😇😁🤡

• Haha 1

Wedgepilot

I have a carbon Delkevic on my X, makes a lovely rumble with the baffles in. 👍