NC700X Mounting New Touring Screen

Guest henryg

Looking for some assistance....

I am replacing the original screen on my NC700X with the Honda touring screen,   Hit a problem removing the rubber screw fixings which are embedded in the original mount.  These need to be removed so the new mount can be fitted.  They don't seem to unscrew and would rather keep them intact so forcing them out is not my preferred route, Has anyone removed these fixings before and any advice would be appreciated.  I have looked up youtube but the guy on the clip made it look easy.......  Suspect I may be missing something rather obvious!  thanks

Just need a largish Phillips screwdriver and push them through. Assume it the rubber nuts that you are referring to? I also just bought one and despite the bad reviews, I am well pleased

Spindizzy

Been taking them in and out a lot when playing with screens on my X. Just make sure the screw is removed, then its a case of pulling them out. Over time the backside gets squished so they aren't parallel anymore, just use constant tension to slowly pull them through. Dont try putting the screw in loose and pulling, you need to pull from the top so it stretches.

Alternatively you can push them through from the top as well, either works.Its just rubber with a nut inside.

Cheap to replace anyway, just search for 'well nuts'. Its not a Honda specific part.