Mikdent

My first RC truck.

Mikdent

I picked up my first RC truck Thursday evening, once home I found it impossible to hand over to the missus for wrapping, so I had to pull rank as a 49 year old kid and say bugger to Xmas, I'm having it now. 👍

As Ive waited months and months, the missus doesn't mind. Result.

Ive had a go around the local park and I love it, even as it is out of the box.

Ive just lined the inner shell with duct tape where the tyres rub and around the post holes, and added a few of the decals included.

Ive also cleaned yesterday's crap off and give all the relevant parts a mist of silicone spray. I know I should've done this before using it but I just had to try it out. It's electric but has On Board Audio, speakers and a control box wired into the speed controller giving a raw recording of a 900 HP short course truck engine and I have to say it sounds bloody awesome. 

Anyway, here it is, my new Slash 2WD OBA 

And I managed to get it in the colour scheme that I wanted  😃

IMG_3317.jpg.920b57688abdc65e8e5e0bd0828a9596.jpg

And now im off round a local gravel car park for some more fun.  

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Spindizzy

Its all changed since I raced Tamiya Boomerangs and Marui Ninja. 7.2V nicad packs and 540 motors.

Its all brushless Li-Po now I guess?

Friend of mine still races stock cars indoors. I still dabble on occasion with RC planes and Autogyros. Sailing has pretty much taken over though.

• Like 1

Tex

Excellent! Glad it’s working out for you. :) We need a shot of you holding it so we can get an idea of scale. :niceone:

• Thanks 1

PoppetM

Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin.... aka Ford F150 monster truck.

Some fun with that beast!

Spindizzy

So you joining a racing club? Its always more fun racing others and makes you better at driving. 

• Like 1

Rocker66

Really good to hear that you have found a hobby that you can enjoy.

• Like 1

Mikdent

1/10 scale Tex.

Dont think I'll be joining a club, there's a race track and crawler course not far from where I work so I'll probably go there to start with.

My real attraction is rock crawlers but I also wanted something to hoon about with, the slash was the cheapest out of the two and when my wife and son said they'd go halves I chose the cheaper one for them to get me. 

Whatever the model, be it a car, plane, helicopter or whatever, the most important point for me is that is as realistic as possible. 

Ive not long got back from gravel car park and woods, I spent more time cleaning and WD40'ing it than I did driving it. :dielaugh:

• Like 2

Dave H

I’ve bought my granddaughters a pair of 4WD rock climbers that they use in my garden. I must get them out and have a play myself. 

• Like 2

Andy m

Back in the day I had a Tamiya Monster Beetle. Had the range of an ant with heavy shopping in a pool of petrol and ate drive shafts like a Bavarian Behemoth in a sand storm. 

Yours looks more fun. Enjoy. 

Andy

• Haha 1

baben

There's a Scalextric club started up in our village - keep meaning to have a look see. Had some fun back in the day with tuned up kits.

• Like 2

Jeffprince

Here's Wayne Rainey! Really tough to control, bikes....to turn, the forks move laterally, causing the banking.  

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Jeffprince

Oh, on the subject of hobbies.....Wayne is sitting on a couple of live edge chopping boards I knocked up this evening. 

• Like 2

Jeffprince

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Jeffprince

Whoops, just realised its Eddie Lawson, not Wayne Rayney. Doh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tex
7 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Whoops, just realised its Eddie Lawson, not Wayne Rayney. Doh.

It’s those eyes! The Lawson stare was in a class of it’s own.. :D 

A friend had a Wayne Gardner (Rothmans Honda) version. I was totally crap at it and gave up in disgust! 

Steveb2418

Oh bloody hell. Now I’m gonna have to buy a truck for my little Russian boy . Seriously , do they work on snow ?  We've got the garden space to play . He loves cars and trucks .  If they do I can see I forsee some great bonding time with " Papa "  

Grumpy Meltdown
1 hour ago, Steveb2418 said:

Oh bloody hell. Now I’m gonna have to buy a truck for my little Russian boy . Seriously , do they work on snow ?  We've got the garden space to play . He loves cars and trucks .  If they do I can see I forsee some great bonding time with " Papa "  

Compacted snow yes, fluffy fresh fallen, forget it. 😕

Mikdent
4 hours ago, Steveb2418 said:

Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grumpy Meltdown

I stand corrected.

Things have obviously moved on in the 20 years since I tried. 🙄 🙂

Mikdent
2 hours ago, Grumpy Meltdown said:

I stand corrected.

Things have obviously moved on in the 20 years since I tried. 🙄 🙂

Its the same for me with planes, no more 27 MHz apparently. 

Spindizzy
8 minutes ago, Mikdent said:

Its the same for me with planes, no more 27 MHz apparently. 

Planes were on 35mhz when I was in to it. It’s all binding receivers now. 

Mikdent

That's it, I'm getting confused with CB radio from the early 80's I think. :blush:

pjm

No. Originally aircraft were on 27mhz. Only six Channel splits if I remember it was colour based. 

Spindizzy
20 minutes ago, pjm said:

No. Originally aircraft were on 27mhz. Only six Channel splits if I remember it was colour based. 

Had a Reftec UHF 459mhz waaay back. 

My first glider was on 27 mhz.I only had green and brown frequency. Swapped it out of my rc car.

Mr Toad

Jerry you swine, now I want one of those defenders! :) 

Edited by Mr Toad