Mikdent

My first RC truck.

larryblag

That's the beauty of GSMR Rocker. You can actually text the driver "Speak to Signaller" or "Wait Signal". Saves much frustration. 

Oops! :topic:sorry all from Rocker & Me

• Like 1

Rocker66
2 minutes ago, larryblag said:

That's the beauty of GSMR Rocker. You can actually text the driver "Speak to Signaller" or "Wait Signal". Saves much frustration. 

Oops! :topic:sorry all from Rocker & Me

I have to admit I’m not up to date with these new fangled plastic trains. I understood slamdoor stock Compton’s and EDs.

• Like 1

larryblag
Posted (edited)

We have EDs. Yellow ones and some GBRF (which we hire in). When we test through Gatwick and the Moregate Tunnels - it's 'lectric only. 

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 2

larryblag

Back on topic. 

Look at this beauty! :D:D

Dave H
32 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Back on topic. 

Look at this beauty! :D:D

Yes I’ve been lusting after this beauty, a bit pricey but hey ho..

• Like 1

Mikdent

Well after many months research I realised the Traxxas TRX4 just wasn't scale looking enough.

I bought an RC4WD Gelande 2, hard body (not that floppy lexan stuff) and much more scale detail out of the box, including the chassis.

Ive got lots of mods to do, Ive already weathered and dented it, added a driver (who actually steers😉) and his best friend, a sound module so it actually sounds like a Landy too.

Ive got lots more stuff to go on, as soon as it gets here from China, but here's a quick vid of how it is so far. 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mr Toad

That looks lovely.

• Thanks 1

listener
3 hours ago, Mikdent said:

Ive got lots of mods to do, Ive already weathered and dented it, added a driver (who actually steers😉) and his best friend, a sound module so it actually sounds like a Landy too.

It sounds like the indicators are stuck on; tick tock, tick tock ... :blink:

And it's not muddy enough ... :devil:

And the 'friend' ... sorry not realistic enough. You need to fold its ears back and give it a big lolling tongue. :P:whistle:

Grumpy Meltdown

Lookin’ good and the sound box makes a difference too.

whats the dog’s name, Rover?

Have you tried it in snow yet, or didn’t you get any, lucky thing.

Mikdent

Yes well observed about the indicators sound, the sound module comes with a full set of lights, including indicators.

I only fitted the headlights as they came with it, not too fussed about lights, problem is the module comes with a few presets and the indicators always working, I can program it but I need a PC to do that, I only have an iPad. I'll have to wait for the boy to come home with his PC. I'll live with it for now, it isn't so prominent in real life, seems to be louder on video. 

We have had a bit of snow but I haven't used it 'in anger' yet, not until it's 100% finished. Just test drives. 

• Like 1

pjm

Loving the Croc obstacle. I love my crocs. Kids hate them but the best slippers money can by. Truck looks great fun. Amazing what the sound module adds to the overall experience.

• Like 1

Mikdent

Ive knocked up a bit of a scale crawler course, well more of a sandbox than a course.

Ive got bigger ideas, but wanted to try a few things out first.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mikdent

I'm pretty much there with my Landy so yesterday I got out and actually used it in anger.

• Like 6

Grumpy Meltdown

That looks challenging 🙂 

The Landy certainly looks the part with all the new kit on there.

I can’t wait for your next video, with your garden dug up, rocks, rickety bridges and mud channels. 😉

• Haha 1

Mikdent

I spent about 5-6 hours with both cars yesterday, today Ive just spent 3 hours cleaning, repairing and lubing em both for next time, whilst getting 4 batteries onto a storage charge. 

They take more more time than a bike. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PoppetM
2 hours ago, Mikdent said:

I spent about 5-6 hours with both cars yesterday, today Ive just spent 3 hours cleaning, repairing and lubing em both for next time, whilst getting 4 batteries onto a storage charge. 

They take more more time than a bike. 😂

But at least no ruddy chain or standing outside in the cold to clean em?!

Mikdent
3 hours ago, PoppetM said:

But at least no ruddy chain or standing outside in the cold to clean em?!

Er actually Sam, I was outside cleaning em with a hose and getting loads of splash back, this morning in the wind and heavy rain. 

But yeah, for the rest I was in a cosy warm shed. :niceone:

• Haha 1