Not starting following bike drop

Guest heyjude

Guest heyjude

Hello and thank you for admitting me to the forum.

Stupidly I dropped my 2015 NC750X two weeks ago. I then put her back in the garage without starting her up. A week later when I wanted to take her out she wouldn't start. 
I've tried all the obvious things - kill switch, stand down, in neutral, jump starting. Still not working.

She makes a strange rapid clicking sound when i turn the ignition on. All the ignition lights come on as does the headlight but she won't start. 

Anyone got a fix?

Many thanks

J

Spindizzy

I had to recycle my kill switch when I did that with the ignition on. Just a suggestion. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your troubles, but I anticipate an easy fix. I suspect the drop and the non start aren’t actually related, just a confusing coincidence. A rapid clicking from the solenoid would indicate it’s not receiving full battery voltage, try charging the battery as an obvious first step. If that’s not it then we can talk you through cleaning connections etc. Good luck.

• Like 1

Assuming the rapid clicking is as Tex says, I'm guessing by not starting you mean it isn't actually turning the engine. That all points to a flat battery and again as Tex says more likely coincidence rather than as a result of the tip.

It's possible something was left switched on or plugged in, but at this time of year as often as not it is simply the battery giving up. With luck you can just charge it and all will be well, check the charging voltage once you get it running again, should be somewhere just over 14V as a rule of thumb guide.

• Like 1
trisaki

Where in the country are you, perhaps  one of the great forum members lives close by and could pop over and hopefully  help out 

duff battery is my bet - exactly the same symptoms as my car last Thursday! New battery and all is well. Cold can be a real battery killer. Check the connections first though and try charging it though if it is on the way out it will not hold the charge for long.

• Like 1
Guest heyjude

HI all, thanks for your helpful and prompt replies. I did try some jump leads connected to another bike, but even that didn't work. I will try a new battery and see what happens.

To answer Trisaki's question - I'm, near Brighton, UK.

Edited by heyjude

Iv read "tilt angle sensors " can be problematic if the bike been dropped !  Just saying  !!:bye:.

Is the engine turning or just the clicking noise and nothing else?

11 hours ago, heyjude said:

I’m in Eastbourne. If you’re stuck drop me a note and I will pop over and take a look. 

• Like 5
trisaki
21 hours ago, heyjude said:

HI all, thanks for your helpful and prompt replies. I did try some jump leads connected to another bike, but even that didn't work. I will try a new battery and see what happens.

My wshop is near arundel  , will PM phone number  , call if I can help out , or give KC  a call if he is closer 

When you first turn the ignition on I think that the first job is for the bike to prime the fuel pump to pressure the injectors.

The clicking noise could be the fuel pump or the relay that operates it?

Hope this input helps.