NC700S oe tool kit

wjvh

Hi, my 3-owner NC700S did not come with any of the original Honda tools. Does anyone have a list of what’s included with the oe spec tool kit, thanks, Will

DaveM59

There is a double ended screwdriver, 10, 13, 15 and 17mm spanners, a plug spanner and a spanner for the front axle nut with an extension bar and 2 allen keys (4mm and 6mm?) to suit the bodywork socket screws and a fuse extractor clip.

You can usually buy complete kits on that auction site fairly cheaply.

When travelling further than a commute to work I always carry a larger bag and include a bottle of radweld, tyre plug kit, air pump and a small selection of fuses, cable ties, connectors etc and a better quality set of ring spanners from 10mm to 17mm.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. The ones on the web are about £25 but I’ve got that many tools in triplicate I can simply put together my own kit so the oe kit list is most helpful. Likely to add a couple of things I find useful too, cable ties, tape, pliers, etc. (Realise that sounds like a torture kit), and a puncture kit for the longer rides. Fortunately my other bike is a Honda too (CX500EC) so I can pretty much use one tool kit for both bikes. Thanks, Will

• Like 1
Mr Toad
14 hours ago, wjvh said:

Thanks guys. The ones on the web are about £25 but I’ve got that many tools in triplicate I can simply put together my own kit so the oe kit list is most helpful. Likely to add a couple of things I find useful too, cable ties, tape, pliers, etc. (Realise that sounds like a torture kit), and a puncture kit for the longer rides. Fortunately my other bike is a Honda too (CX500EC) so I can pretty much use one tool kit for both bikes. Thanks, Will

One of the first things I do is remove the OEM toolkit and replace it with one made up from decent tools. These days though there's not a lot you can fix on a modern bike at the side of the road, I'd just call my breakdown service and leave the tool kit where it is. :) 

• Like 2
steelhorseuk

The NC700SA Tool kit consists of the following:

Spark plug wrench

● 8 × 12 mm Open end wrench

● 10 × 14 mm Open end wrench

● 12 × 14 mm Open end wrench

● Standard/Phillips screwdriver

● Screwdriver grip

● Extension bar

● 5 mm Hex wrench

● 22 mm Box end wrench

● 27 mm Box end wrench

● Helmet set wire

● Fuse puller

See page 64 of the owners manual.

Hope that helps ....

• Like 3

I made a small modification to the box-end wrenches (ring spanners) to be able to join them together and make them actually usable for undoing the rear wheel spindle.