Sign in to follow this  
trisaki

Another bike in collection

trisaki

My new baby !( Bloody big baby ) is here , triumph rocket111  , to add to my ever growing  list of bikes , lucky I've got trade insurance  which covers multiple vehicles , got to give a bit of a service  and check over before  she is let loose , cant wait 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

alhendo1

Any pics of the big bike??

DMB

My late friend, Olly, had one.  He best mate rode it behind the hearse at Olly's funeral.  I will never forget that.  A beautiful sight, and a lovely noise.  A really classy bike.  Quite bonkers and I am sure you will love it.

trisaki

Have ridden quite a few when I worked for a triumph dealership  , but always wanted  my own , especially  now I have a new lady in my life who fancies  trying  out the pillion perch  , better not scare her too much  😈

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Exceledsteve

Lovely looking and sounding bike the Rocket. I've seen pictures of the new one doing the rounds so that's yet another bike I'll froth over and almost certainly never own. The beauty of being alive though is that maybe, just maybe, one day it could happen. And that keeps me smiling :niceone:

• Like 2

Spindizzy

Just looked up a picture of it. What a fabulously bonkers machine. Does look comfy. Tassels optional. 

• Like 1

Tex

Congratulations Mark! 

macamx

Rode one a few years ago, if I wasn't a "knuckle dragger" before I rode it I was when I got off. What a huge laugh.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Geoff.                                                 

macamx

May be of interest.

• Haha 8

neojynx
On 08/01/2019 at 16:16, trisaki said:

My new baby !( Bloody big baby ) is here , triumph rocket111  , to add to my ever growing  list of bikes , lucky I've got trade insurance  which covers multiple vehicles , got to give a bit of a service  and check over before  she is let loose , cant wait 

I think the Rocket will be my 'last' bike, once I eventually stop commuting.  They are pretty awesome.

• Like 1

macamx

Good luck with that, I'm currently on my 5th last bike, "aren't I dear".

Geoff.

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 5

Tex
3 minutes ago, neojynx said:

I think the Rocket will be my 'last' bike, once I eventually stop commuting.  They are pretty awesome.

I’m currently on my third ‘last bike’ and am worried that Mrs T might insist it actually is the last. Terrified in fact.. :( 

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Andy m

Usual tactics apply. 1. Invent reasons why the new bike will save money by not needing the thrunging sprocket serviced etc. 2. Start showing an interest is something like going shopping with her that'll annoy 3. Get it then deny everything (Red? No it's always been Yellow) 

The Rocket isn't me, but I think I'd love to borrow one for afternoon. Enjoy it. 

Andy

• Haha 3

macamx
19 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Usual tactics apply. 1. Invent reasons why the new bike will save money by not needing the thrunging sprocket serviced etc. 2. Start showing an interest is something like going shopping with her that'll annoy 3. Get it then deny everything (Red? No it's always been Yellow) 

The Rocket isn't me, but I think I'd love to borrow one for afternoon. Enjoy it. 

Andy

You can always take the relatively high-risk option and just get something the same colour. Chances are it will not be noticed.

Geoff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2