Sign in to follow this  
Rocker66

Great news on Sue's bike

KingJames

Looks ace, hope it rides as good as it looks.

• Like 1

Tex

Looks great. When does Sue expect to take delivery? 

Rocker66
15 minutes ago, Tex said:

Looks great. When does Sue expect to take delivery? 

Hopefullylate next week. We are in no rush as we dog sitting all next week whilst son and D.I.L are in Israel soon riding.

• Like 3

PoppetM

I can see the denim blue....looks lovely! Oooh rear fender too...!

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 1

Rocker66
21 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I can see the denim blue....looks lovely!

I agree I usually don’t like Matt finishes on bikes but I really like that Denim Blue. Maybe I should get a bike in matching colours. Now let me think who does bikes in that colour. Oh yes that’s right It’s Harley😀😀

Edited by Rocker66
  • Haha 1

PoppetM

It's beautiful, unfortunately impractical for my use given I like to ride in all weathers, but I look forward to admiring Sue's!!

• Like 1

Rocker66
15 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

It's beautiful, unfortunately impractical for my use given I like to ride in all weathers, but I look forward to admiring Sue's!!

That’s the big advantage of being retired we can usually avoid riding in bad weather😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

outrunner

Looks good Rocker, I am sure Sue will love it.

Andy.

MikeBike

Great looking bike, and I like the bodywork colour.  Not so sure about the metallic brown but maybe it's for the denim look - like the colour of the metal studs.

The front headlight reminds me of a porthole complete with hinges at the top.  (that's not bad, I like ships)

Overall has a really good look. Love the pipes too.

I wish her happy safe riding on it.

Ciaran1602

I didn't think I'd like one when I saw a real photo but actually, that looks really great. Matt finishes are so pretty, just not practical if my bike lives outside. Look forward to the ride report when it's handed over!

• Like 1

Rocker66
9 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

I didn't think I'd like one when I saw a real photo but actually, that looks really great. Matt finishes are so pretty, just not practical if my bike lives outside. Look forward to the ride report when it's handed over!

I will just have to post Sues opinion on how it rides as I will not be insured for it. There is also the fact that the foot rests are quite rearward and raised which I would find uncomfortable but which Sue likes having had rear sets on previous bikes.

• Like 1

slowboy

Looks very nice indeed. Like others, I'll be very interested to read how it goes.

Ciaran1602

Having just read up on it a bit more, I think I may have fallen very slightly in love. Little compact in-line 4, that digital display...now in a few months time when they inevitably make pannier fittings for it from Givi or similar....:angel:

EDIT: Looking at the frame it's far too lithe for that. Still, as a fun machine it looks brilliant :lol:

Edited by Ciaran1602

PoppetM

I think I have fallen for a rebel...it’s the downgrade in power. I am worried about the 750S had a good power take off for overtaking. I do like these new headlights on the Neo cafe range.....

Being nosey do you need panniers Ciaran? 

• Like 1

Ciaran1602
2 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I think I have fallen for a rebel...it’s the downgrade in power. I am worried about the 750S had a good power take off for overtaking. I do like these new headlights on the Neo cafe range.....

If I were completely and totally honest, probably not. A good size top box would be sufficient.

I've never owned a bike more than about three months without them. Feels all wrong somehow.

EDIT: My father has a Rebel happy to share some experiences of it if you'd like? I ride it now and then.

Edited by Ciaran1602
  • Like 1

PoppetM
1 minute ago, Ciaran1602 said:

If I were completely and totally honest, probably not. A good size top box would be sufficient.

I've never owned a bike more than about three months without them. Feels all wrong somehow.

Fair enough! Just wondered if it was touring or work stuff etc :yes:

I have a feeling I will miss my frunk.... 

Ciaran1602
2 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Fair enough! Just wondered if it was touring or work stuff etc :yes:

I have a feeling I will miss my frunk.... 

Strangely enough the Frunk isn't that useful for me. My helmet doesn't fit, my work's laptop is far far far too large to go in it, so much so it doesn't even fit in my panniers. The frunk is pretty much a chain receptacle. Oh, and the damp towel I've used to wipe down the seat.

I think you'd miss the power on a Rebel. I found it uncomfortably small but then I've got a couple of inches on you :angel: Power wise, definitely lacking. I got it up to 80mph on the motorway but beyond 70 it felt strained. (Yet somehow the CB500X I owned in 2015 felt much more capable). Away from the lights with a liberal throttle it was actually quite potent but those CB series engines want revs to get the goods, far more so than the NC does.

• Like 1

Spindizzy

I like the upside down forks and how the mudguard acts as a protector. Overall a very decent looking machine. Looks like the pillion pegs  come off easy and might make it even sleeker? Unless you pillion of course 😁

Rocker66
33 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I had a test ride on the rebel and enjoyed so much that the next time I needed a loan bike to take home overnight I surprised the staff at Kent M/Cs by asking if I could take the Rebel. At least you know you wouldn’t want a lowering kit on it.😀😀

Kent have a demo if your interested. 

• Like 1

sandalfarm

Do you polish Matt finishes ? And do they become  shiney  where your knees rub, on the tank for example?

PoppetM

For Matt finishes you need to be really careful what you clean it with.  My brother wipes his bikes down after every rideand he used two different cleaners to do the Matt bike.. meguirs for the usual bits and it may be a window cleaner or similar for the Matt parts. He has a 975R Daytona in Matt black. 

macamx

I rode the Rebel for a day last year and it was huge fun.

Geoff.

• Like 1

Andy m

Looks lovely. 

Honda sent me a brochure/junk mail today. The CB650 looks the canines spheroids, but is honestly more than I need. They've very kindly put the CB500f out in a nice red, so now at least in 2020 I'll be torn three ways! 

Andy

• Haha 1

KingJames
1 hour ago, Andy m said:

The CB650 looks the canines spheroids

The CB650R?  It has something for sure.  Bit for the millennials though.