PoppetM

Bike Vs Scooter

Tex

Sorry to hear about the shoulder.. :( 

PoppetM
10 minutes ago, Tex said:

Sorry to hear about the shoulder.. :( 

I swore. Very loudly. Hoping to get out tomorrow, if I can get it back off the drive, otherwise that might be next weekends project....

• Like 1

Ciaran1602
4 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I swore. Very loudly. Hoping to get out tomorrow, if I can get it back off the drive, otherwise that might be next weekends project....

Sorry to hear about the shoulder and the disingenuous way they have arranged the bike. Glad to hear you're not phased at all about trying to get back on it!

• Like 1

Tex

2 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Glad to hear you're not phased at all about trying to get back on it!

Standing between Sam and something she has set her heart on is not an endeavour for the faint hearted.. :niceone:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Rocker66

Sorry about the shoulder. If you need to give it a few days do so rather than making it worse. Only you can tell when it feels ok to ride..

• Like 1

Tex

35 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

It’s a credit agreement so they take the risk in giving it to me and accept they will not recover their costs if the other side fail to pay. It is their fault for believing me in the first place apparently unless I am fraudently making a claim!

That sounds alright to me. Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

PoppetM
6 minutes ago, Tex said:

That sounds alright to me. Or am I missing something?

It was me having to sign a piece of paper saying I was liable for the cost of not recovered. I was not happy about that. 

But I have had two “angel”policies where cars have been provided at no cost to me, and the claim chasers pester the other side for the costs. On the last one it was argued that the Golf GT I had was not a fair substitute for a “corsa with a body kit and folding roof”.

yes sir, but it is in the same insurance bracket and I don’t have the luxury of my folding roof through the summer thanks to your client....

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 1

PoppetM
16 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Sorry to hear about the shoulder and the disingenuous way they have arranged the bike. Glad to hear you're not phased at all about trying to get back on it!

Waiting patiently for my prosecco to be opened for me though...come on man, this girl is thirsty!

• Haha 5

Rocker66
14 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Waiting patiently for my prosecco to be opened for me though...come on man, this girl is thirsty!

Might as well take full advantage of your misfortune 😂

Andy m

As the Rebel shares the engine you would be quite welcome to join the CB500 Schism. Now you've decided on the Beverly though.... 😁

On a practical note, what's the range of these two? An extra fill up each week could get tiresome?

Take care of the shoulder and enjoy the Prosecco, you've earned it this week. 

Andy

PoppetM

I got into it myself... would die of thirst waiting!

Beverley has a tank range of the NC. So for my needs that is fill up Sunday night at home, again Wednesday at work to come home, to complete my week.

SH300i has only a 9l tank, I got fed up filling the Vespa daily so this will irritate me. 

Might well run the CB500 though the insurance calculator as well...Imagine it would be on a par with Rebel. 

I think even if I have to get Andy to push it out for me, I am going out tomorrow. He helped me manouvre it. It’s only the left arm I can’t do the “push”forward on the handlebars. I can push it backward with my right hand on the pillion grips. 

I loved my Vespa through the Pirbright bends on the way back from bike training and would happily just ride anywhere for the sake of riding... so the passion I think is within regardless of knees together or either side of the bike. 

• Like 3

Spindizzy

• Thanks 1

kayz1

Get well soon Sam.

Did i ever say i love my little Forza300.

Electric screen, 12volt socket, Big under seat space...

Goes like the clappers, will sit at 80 all day if needed...

Over the last 1000 miles i have had 84.4MPG.

The only snag i have found to be the mirrors i have to bob about to see behind me...

I am working on a fix..

Lyn.

• Thanks 1

PoppetM
1 minute ago, kayz1 said:

Get well soon Sam.

Did i ever say i love my little Forza300.

Electric screen, 12volt socket, Big under seat space...

Goes like the clappers, will sit at 80 all day if needed...

Over the last 1000 miles i have had 84.4MPG.

The only snag i have found to be the mirrors i have to bob about to see behind me...

I am working on a fix..

Lyn.

Is it smaller then the 2016 Forza? That one was too big for me. The Beverley has a bit more oomph and more lithe

PoppetM
21 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

Disappointing tank range from that....wasn’t what I had read on other reviews, they were reporting 205... from a 11l tank....

yorkshirepudding

Just wondering, other than high-end bikes pinched to order, aren't scooters stolen more than bikes in London?  

• Like 1

kayz1

I am told the new Forza is a tad taller than the last version, not had or sat on the older machine sorry Sam.

Spindizzy

• Sad 1

Ciaran1602
10 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

It was this very review that lead the old man to get his red one.

Spindizzy
1 minute ago, Ciaran1602 said:

It was this very review that lead the old man to get his red one.

I like all the Fortnine stuff on youtube. He is very entertaining and presents well.

• Like 1

sad vampire

Riding both bikes & scooters (well, maxi scooters), I find I hate doing any great speed on the scooters as they're inherently "wobbly" due to smaller wheels (although the Beverley is much better than most) and not being able to grip the scooter with the legs. Scooters are great at lower city speeds though.

Also I've found that scooters are far less adjustable when it comes to saddle height, so finding one that is comfortable for distance is difficult (Aprilia Atlantic 500 was armchair comfy, Silverwing 600 not so much, Piaggio X9 I could only manage 20 miles on that saddle).

Take your time choosing your next bike or scooter, there's no hurry.

Edited by sad vampire
  • Like 3

Mister Paul
23 minutes ago, sad vampire said:

Riding both bikes & scooters (well, maxi scooters), I find I hate doing any great speed on the scooters as they're inherently "wobbly" due to smaller wheels (although the Beverley is much better than most) and not being able to grip the scooter with the legs. Scooters are great at lower city speeds though.

Also I've found that scooters are far less adjustable when it comes to saddle height, so finding one that is comfortable for distance is difficult (Aprilia Atlantic 500 was armchair comfy, Silverwing 600 not so much, Piaggio X9 I could only manage 20 miles on that saddle).

16" wheels on the SH, and more comfortable than the Forza. 94mpg.

PoppetM
39 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

Damn damn damn.

Ok so my butt will hurt more than the NC and I have that infuriating need to visit the petrol tank every second day and the vibrations a big one, I hated my brothers Ninja for that. Loved the cheap loan bike (I paid the Insurance) but the numb hands and feet...no ta.....

3 minutes ago, Mister Paul said:

16" wheels on the SH, and more comfortable than the Forza. 94mpg.

Small fuel tank 

PoppetM
27 minutes ago, sad vampire said:

Hehe you haven’t met Poppet... bit headstrong, want it yesterday... it is why my employers hired me (and Idelivered)

Rocker66
Just now, PoppetM said:

Damn damn damn.

Ok so my butt will hurt more than the NC and I have that infuriating need to visit the petrol tank every second day and the vibrations a big one, I hated my brothers Ninja for that. Loved the cheap loan bike (I paid the Insurance) but the numb hands and feet...no ta.....

I don’t know where he got the thing about vibration from as I didn’t find that it vibrated anymore than any Twin including my NC.. certainly neither the Rebel or any of my other CB500s gave me numb hands or feet at any speed.