Sign in to follow this  
dazznutts

MT-07

dazznutts

After having the MT-07 for one week now here are my opinions compared to my two previous Honda's CBR650F & NC750S

Sitting position i would say is the most comfortable out of the three but similar to the NC750S 

At legal speeds the lack of a screen doesn't cause much discomfort which i am very surprised about

Power BHP and Torque is more than the NC and lower BHP than the CBR650f but in real terms it doesnt feel slow almost reminds me

of my two stroke days the RD/RG but without a cloud of two stroke smoke.

Fuel consumption is 64mpg so far but thats after 160 miles.

Brakes are better than both of the Hondas more feel and stopping power

So after a week i'm quite happy for the moment

• Like 1

PoppetM

Really? I felt their controls would snap? What are you getting out of a tank? I do 79miles daily and don’t want fuel up every second

day. My baby is likely written off and I need to find a replacement I can afford to insure and the NC has tripled so quite upset. 

Had the S, worm the saddle in nicely. Loved her. Enough pick up,strong sturdy, safe. 

Hated the chain.....

faster take off then the NC? Might sling it in the insurance calculator then cry,

baben

Tracer 700 - 17 litre tank and does 64mpg. Pop a  topbox on and Bobs your wossname. Mind you my local bunch of Triumph lizards have an MT07 with a screen and top box and tank bag and it looks really neat.

dazznutts
1 minute ago, PoppetM said:

Really? I felt their controls would snap? What are you getting out of a tank? I do 79miles daily and don’t want fuel up every second

day. My baby is likely written off and I need to find a replacement I can afford to insure and the NC has tripled so quite upset. 

Had the S, worm the saddle in nicely. Loved her. Enough pick up,strong sturdy, safe. 

Hated the chain.....

faster take off then the NC? Might sling it in the insurance calculator then cry,

The controls feel solid to me in a bit more obvious place for the indicators horn etc the hazard lights are on the other handle bar below the starter

Only one fuel up so far only done 160 miles the tank is 14 litres i filled upt when indictor started flashing indicated in manual starts flashing when 2.7 litres left in tank i put in 11.28 litres - but as im running in i am varying the speed acceleration so maybe not a true example of the mpg some of the forums say 70mpg and even 95mpg riding at 30 mph.

In the realms of the insurance i had to pay £35 to change from the CBR to the MT considering ive had the insurance pay out on the CBR so i would expect my insurance on renewal to be around £200.

The take off is fast the torque is there straight away im very surprised on the power thought the CBR was quick.

If i stay in 6th gear i can wind the throttle and accelerate quite rapidly from 30mph obviously if you change down and go through the gears 

your get there more rapidly.

• Thanks 1

dazznutts
3 minutes ago, baben said:

Tracer 700 - 17 litre tank and does 64mpg. Pop a  topbox on and Bobs your wossname. Mind you my local bunch of Triumph lizards have an MT07 with a screen and top box and tank bag and it looks really neat.

I have no top box and dont plan to have one i just have my Star Wars shoulder bag to carry my bits for work and it also gives me extra presence of the Force.

Also bear in mind that the tracer hasn't had any major upgrades 2016 model to now is unchanged the MT-07 had major upgrades on the 2018 models 

If your after a Tracer 700 Laguna has a canceled order with full luggage soft side cases and tank bag in black for £6695

Edited by dazznutts
  • Haha 1

PoppetM
4 minutes ago, dazznutts said:

In the realms of the insurance i had to pay £35 to change from the CBR to the MT considering ive had the insurance pay out on the CBR so i would expect my insurance on renewal to be around £200.

The take off is fast the torque is there straight away im very surprised on the power thought the CBR was quick.

New to insurance claims unfortunately, so what happened with the CBR (apologies if I missed that!) so my insurance will continue on my new bike? I just call to say I change bikes? (Should be an interesting conversation)

I kept up with my friends Tracer on the NC to his surprise over Christmas and empty commute roads. Not sure if his is the 700 or 900 but he takes daft risks that I cringe at ( wasn’t with him the day of my off). 

I look at a gap and usually say naaahhh.... like this day would normally have been in bus lane but as I wasn’t In a rush I stayed in traffic lanes... lesson learnt!

12 minutes ago, baben said:

It’s the go box I have issue with, adds to length, causes an issue parking at home....

dazznutts
8 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

New to insurance claims unfortunately, so what happened with the CBR (apologies if I missed that!) so my insurance will continue on my new bike? I just call to say I change bikes? (Should be an interesting conversation)

I kept up with my friends Tracer on the NC to his surprise over Christmas and empty commute roads. Not sure if his is the 700 or 900 but he takes daft risks that I cringe at ( wasn’t with him the day of my off). 

I look at a gap and usually say naaahhh.... like this day would normally have been in bus lane but as I wasn’t In a rush I stayed in traffic lanes... lesson learnt!

It’s the go box I have issue with, adds to length, causes an issue parking at home....

the only problem i had with the insurance was the policy would be canceled with no refund if i didn't cover another bike on policy within 30 days of payout - i would assume you should have no problem changing while claim is ongoing.

The Tracer for sale in laguna has no top top its a package that has the soft side bags tank bag and complete with the 12v socket - i didnt take up deal as i got alarm and heated grip thrown in with the 2019 MT-07 and subsidised first service.

May of been steered towards the new CB650R if it was available at the time i needed a bike but im not disappointed in what i chose 

• Thanks 1