slowboy

The joy of an MOT pass

Mr Toad

Great news Brian, always good when a bike passes an MOT but 32 is worthy of note. 

Trev

I expect nothing less from one of your bikes sir :thumbsup:

My Enfield is due it's 8th MOT in two weeks time, went to take it out for a spin today and blinkin thing would start, not even a hint, amazingly that's the first since I've had it (apart from when I blew the CDI). All electrics work and I've got a sprk but can't hear the fuel pump running up so I'm hoping it's a fuse. As me and Mrs Smith were kitted up ready to go I stuck it back in the garage and took the AT instead, had to put up with super smooth suspension, ample power everywhere and enough leccy to run both our heated jackets - so un-Enfield like.

Nice pic, GT looking very smart although I'm not a fan of the hooooooge Rickman fairing and box things, looks like they only did mud flaps in XXL as well 'back in the day' :D:D

Edited by Trev
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mr Toad

You spoil that wife of yours :) 

• Haha 1

Ciaran1602

Fantastic news. I only hope I'm in as good condition when I get to 34!

Also, much love for those panniers. Seemed to be everywhere for a while, had them on the Divvy. The most useful practical square boxes I've ever seen on the side of a bike. Wish you could find them still!

Trev
Just now, Mr Toad said:

You spoil that wife of yours :) 

We were a bit later leaving than we wanted (partly due to faffing with the Enfield, partly due to me faffing with some DIY:cry:) and missed what there was of the sunny weather. We only did 60 miles (popped over to Bucklers Hard for a coffee, checked out the classic car garage we like also in the New Forest and back via Lyminton and Burley) but was fair nippy by 4pm, I was glad we took the AT as it has heated grips and enough oomph to plug my Keis jacket in at the as ame time as my wife's, the Ennie only just about manages one on low power only.

BTW, the clsssic car garage had had four E-type's, cheapest £260k, dearest £325k - flippin 'eck! I'm sure it wasn't that long about that you could pick them up for £30k/40£k?

Trev
2 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Fantastic news. I only hope I'm in as good condition when I get to 34!

You can go off someone you know!

:whistle:

• Haha 2

Ciaran1602
Just now, Trev said:

You can go off someone you know!

:whistle:

It was meant more as a comment at my lethargy re my own fitness than an unsubtle dig at everyone else's age.

My profile picture is enough for that ;)

• Haha 3

slowboy
51 minutes ago, Trev said:

Nice pic, GT looking very smart although I'm not a fan of the hooooooge Rickman fairing and box things, looks like they only did mud flaps in XXL as well 'back in the day' :D:D

I'm sort of with you on the fairing and Krauser K2 panniers, but it's been wearing them from new, and they are surprisingly effective and useful.

The mud flaps were a genuine Kawasaki accessory and have been fitted from new.

The whole thing has a 1980's shoulder pads and flares vibe from the days when it wasn't retro :afro: 

For those of us old enough to remember........:oldfart:

Edited by slowboy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Rocker66

I think the fairing and luggage make it look “of the period” and would have been typical of the sort of thing fitted to that model back then. I think the bike would loose some of it’s charm if you removed them.

• Like 3

Mr Toad
1 hour ago, Trev said:

We were a bit later leaving than we wanted (partly due to faffing with the Enfield, partly due to me faffing with some DIY:cry:) and missed what there was of the sunny weather. We only did 60 miles (popped over to Bucklers Hard for a coffee, checked out the classic car garage we like also in the New Forest and back via Lyminton and Burley) but was fair nippy by 4pm, I was glad we took the AT as it has heated grips and enough oomph to plug my Keis jacket in at the as ame time as my wife's, the Ennie only just about manages one on low power only.

BTW, the clsssic car garage had had four E-type's, cheapest £260k, dearest £325k - flippin 'eck! I'm sure it wasn't that long about that you could pick them up for £30k/40£k?

That is expensive and I'm sure you're right. A lad I knew at school drives a gorgeous silver 60s Coupe and I know he didn't pay that much for it despite it's fantastic condition.

lordlucan

Are these the legendary Krauser's that came off mid ride and nearly took out the bike behind you Brian?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

slowboy
14 minutes ago, lordlucan said:

Are these the legendary Krauser's that came off mid ride and nearly took out the bike behind you Brian?

Only the top box 😱....which is conspicuous by its continued absence, unless you know someone who has one for sale.😉

Sorry Tex

Brian

• Haha 1

alhendo1
3 hours ago, slowboy said:

This last week has been a decent one, not least because my dear old GT 750 has passed its 32nd MOT in a row. Passed without comment to, not bad for a 34 year old.

I took this pic to celebrate

large.IMG_0921.JPG.0e29db65308e8a206273f

That sir is a cracking bike👍

• Like 1

slowboy
59 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

I think the fairing and luggage make it look “of the period” and would have been typical of the sort of thing fitted to that model back then. I think the bike would loose some of it’s charm if you removed them.

I do have the original headlight and indicators (the original owner, who sold it to me still had them , unused) and it's the work of an afternoon to swap it over. In fact last year I ran it without fairing and panniers, but I agree with you, it loses something, even if it's only in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, alhendo1 said:

That sir is a cracking bike👍

Thanks, you're too kind. It's a credit to its first, and only other, owner.

Edited by slowboy
  • Like 2

Tex

Yay! The fairing is back! I much prefer the bike with it fitted (and would much prefer to ride the bike with it fitted this time of year!). There was talk a while back of you selling it, Brian? I hope you don’t. The occasional photos of it always make me smile. :niceone:

The top box? Nah, missed me by a mile! But it did add a new chapter (‘Top Box Avoidance’) to the “Tex Survival Handbook”..

:D 

• Like 1

gonzo

I for one used to like the barn door fairings, Proper protection from the weather. My  ST1100 had one and i remember the RT 800/100 .!!  Happy days ,

• Like 3

SteveThackery

I've noticed all my vehicles go much better after they've passed their MOT.  Even the ride improves.

listener

I love that the fairing has a pocket for storing your mobile phone. :lol::P

_66724714_80smobile.jpg

• Haha 1

Woody 99
1 hour ago, listener said:

I love that the fairing has a pocket for storing your mobile phone. :lol::P

_66724714_80smobile.jpg

I’m not sure how abrasion resistant that jacket is but at least it seems to have adequate shoulder protection. 

• Haha 1

Rev Ken
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:30, Rocker66 said:

I had an Avon fairing on my 400 Superdream which made winter riding from Edinburgh to Glasgow bearable in the coldest of weather, and in rain I didn't get water penetrating 'you know where'.:devil:

Hickky

I bet a 400 superdream with that huge Avon fairing didn't exactly make it's quoted top speed. In fact it's a good thing it wasn't a 250 otherwise it would struggle to get over 60mph. Mine had a Rickman fairing for a while and 75 was tough!