Tex

Bangers & Mash? Or..

Tex

Linguini Carbonara? The machine on the right has won on the Isle of Man six times (Ryan Farquhar x 3, McGuinness x 2 and Josh Brookes x 1) and the one on the left just makes me smile. Which makes it a winner in my eyes! :niceone:

389-E9-A0-A-F3-DC-475-B-8836-1-C9-EE6431

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

PoppetM

Percy :flowers:

Edited by PoppetM
  • Thanks 1

Mr Toad

So that's where your spoked wheels went. :)

• Haha 1

gonzo

Nice one simon,. !:ahappy:

• Thanks 1

Grumpy Meltdown

Linguini for entreé, Bangers and mash for main

• Like 2

macamx

Ting Tong's brother ?

Geoff.

• Like 1

rjp996

hmmm bangers and mash (for breakfast :-)

• Haha 1

Tex

4-B06-BA84-4103-480-C-90-CC-0-EC49064199

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tex

It’s an interesting system Triumph have on the LC twins. The crank turns an intermediary gear which drives the cam chain, this, in turn, means that the crank rotates forwards and the cam rotates backwards.. ;) 

It keeps the cam chain short which should lead to long service life. :) 

The shims (9.5 mm same as many Yamahas) live under the rockers which simply unbolt to allow shim changes without disturbing the cam. Nice one Mr Bloor :niceone:

6805-C308-C727-46-DC-9830-0-B9-AB0-ECA8-

I’m not rushing (my daughter is moving flats today and assisting her takes priority over motorcycles - as Mrs T was at great pains to point out!) just an hour here and there. Not a job I would want to rush anyway, but the second time will be quicker.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

baben

Changing the cams?

Tex
11 minutes ago, baben said:

Changing the cams?

Abso-bloody-lutely! :) It’s just the one cam (it’s an SOHC layout)  unlike the earlier models. Keeping the winter boredom away.. :D 

• Like 1

baben

I'll be really interested in how you find it once done. The new Street Twin is on my list of possibles with the uprated motor.

How do you keep those header pipes so shiny?

Edited by baben
  • Like 2

PoppetM
38 minutes ago, baben said:

By not lending Percy to me :dielaugh:

I saw the first photo of Percy naked and almost jumped on a train to rescue him.

As long as you put him back together before the Sun begins to rise at 7am in the year,  it will all be ok. 

Good luck to Ms Tex and her move!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tex

1 hour ago, baben said:

1 hour ago, PoppetM said:

By not lending Percy to me :dielaugh:

Pretty much the size of it! :D 

1 hour ago, PoppetM said:

I saw the first photo of Percy naked and almost jumped on a train to rescue him.

As long as you put him back together before the Sun begins to rise at 7am in the year,  it will all be ok. 

Good luck to Ms Tex and her move!

No need for any rescue, Sam. As far as I can tell he’s loving all the attention he’s getting. :D 

The new flat is great! I’m sure the girls (my daughter flat shares with a friend) will be very happy there. I bloody hope so, anyway! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tonyj

Nudey triumph 

• Haha 1

baben
43 minutes ago, Tonyj said:

Nudey triumph 

Topless bathing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Toad

Watching with interest, being a fellow T100 owner. Not that I need my Bonnie to go any faster...........

Do I sound convincing, nah I didn't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tex
30 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

Not that I need my Bonnie to go any faster...........

Probably just as well you don’t as nothing I’m doing will be the slightest help to you. Sadly. Your model is air cooled, DOHC and 360 deg crank. Mine is liquid cooled, SOHC and 270 deg crank. Other than the name on the tank there’s nothing the two models have in common. 

There are ways of tweaking your motor, but if you want to go fast - get the GS out! ;) 

• Like 1

Hickky

I hope the TEC camshaft will be transplanted, as long as you have checked what size the bearings are. I believe there are now three sizes as the new street twin has a different power output mainly due to different cams.

Percy will love his better breathing, he will feel like someone with a heavy cold enjoying sudafed. Soon his lungs will be more efficient, much like you felt when you gave up the tabs.

Next he needs a decent pair of rear shocks and the front fork mods, then he will be able to show off to all the other T100s out there.

Mind you, don't lend him to Sam, you need clean downpipes. However a 2019 street twin would suit her, low seat height, decent power and classic, pretty looks. Not a bit like you and me!

Tex

Yes, I have the correct camshaft. Ohlins suspenders were fitted about three weeks after purchasing the bike but an even bigger improvement came from the lighter wheels and radial tyres. Percy handles like a Manx Norton now, and (hopefully) the cam will provide the last, missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle. :niceone:

• Like 3

Gaucho

Hi Tex, any luck with the camshaft locking tool ? That's a workshop to die for by the way.

Edited by Gaucho

Tex
3 hours ago, Gaucho said:

Hi Tex, any luck with the camshaft locking tool ? That's a workshop to die for by the way.

I’m going to make a locking tool (the job can easily be done without one really). The workshop is fully equipped with lathes and milling machines etc and, best of all, folks who know what they’re doing! :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trev
5 hours ago, Tex said:

Yes, I have the correct camshaft. Ohlins suspenders were fitted about three weeks after purchasing the bike but an even bigger improvement came from the lighter wheels and radial tyres. Percy handles like a Manx Norton now, and (hopefully) the cam will provide the last, missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle. :niceone:

Tex, where did you get the Ohlins from and how much difference have they made to the ride? I'm after something that soaks the bumps up better on my twin shock contraption and I'm seriously considering spending more than the bike  is worth on motor and suspension mods :frantics:

Tex
1 hour ago, Trev said:

Tex, where did you get the Ohlins from and how much difference have they made to the ride? I'm after something that soaks the bumps up better on my twin shock contraption and I'm seriously considering spending more than the bike  is worth on motor and suspension mods :frantics:

The Ohlins are more about performance than comfort (although the two are, by no means, incompatible). In the U.K. they come out at about a grand (Far Canal!!) But an Italian seller on the auction site did mine for a little over £600. God knows what they’re going to cost with the post Brexit exchange rate.. :( 

Seroiusly? Brilliant shocks. Well worth the money if you’re trying to achieve the ‘ultimate’ something or other. Are you trying to achieve the ‘Ultimate Enfield’? If so, counselling may help.. ;) 

Me? I would have a chat with Mr Hagon and take the wife for a nice weekend away with the money you’ll save on the Italian stuff.