Sign in to follow this  
Tel

Goodbye NC750X

Tel

Having spent quite a bit on suspension upgrades and other useful mods I've had to accept the NC750XA isn't right for me.

I'm collecting a CBF100FA on Friday to replace the NC.

I have serious multiple orthopaedic problems following a couple of life changing [non fault] accidents in the last 28 years so I can't really blame the NC as I'm quite demanding and have specific needs.

Fingers crossed this is a good move!

All the best to all you remaining NC owners...

cbf1.jpg

• Like 12

baben

Good luck and don't leave. No one on here actually still owns an NC. I had a CBF1000 and it was probably the comfiest bike I ever owned.

• Haha 1

Rocker66

As Baben said you’re welcome to stick around with the rest of us ex NC owners. I’m sure that you will enjoy the CBF1000. I had one and Sue had three. Baben is correct when he says how comfortable it is.

• Like 1

PoppetM

You must stick around and post more pics when New Bike Day comes round!!!

Tonyj

Hello .........Hello .... is anybody there ? I’m looking for the nc owners forum ! 

Shush you’ll wake him up and he’ll start talking about mileage again. :0)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hickky

Tony, you must have missed. You're on the 'Once upon a time I used to ride a 700/750 NC, but I have no interest in MPG numbers, so left' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tonyj
8 hours ago, Hickky said:

Tony, you must have missed. You're on the 'Once upon a time I used to ride a 700/750 NC, but I have no interest in MPG numbers, so left' 

I’m beginning to think there like unicorns. :0)

in a distant world where everyone gets to have at least 2bikes and a scoot , everyone would at least consider the nc but real world means limited space and finances. So something gives and changes take place ,  some for the better some for the worse .

the nc for me is still a “go to “ work bike but for my jolly’s lay else where so I get that people move on . You can’t have everything in one machine . You try hence the changes but it’s always a compromise. Then sometimes you change just for the devilment. Good luck anyway that man .

• Like 2

pjm

You won’t go wrong with the new bike. It is one of Honda’s best. The engine is almost like an electric motor with its smooth and in the real world seemingly limitless power. It’s seating position is great and the only thing you might need to play around with is the screen. 

wpbrown

Excellent choice of bike. I also changed from an NC750X to a CBF1000 (with a Deauville in between).

The extra power is nice to have, even more so is the torque; pulls from 30mph easily in top gear. All day comfortable too. The only thing I changed is the screen. A bit of wind noise and buffeting sorted out with Palmer adjustable brackets and an MRA vario screen.

Woody 99
1 hour ago, pjm said:

You won’t go wrong with the new bike. It is one of Honda’s best. The engine is almost like an electric motor with its smooth and in the real world seemingly limitless power. It’s seating position is great and the only thing you might need to play around with is the screen. 

Yeah, but when are they going to make one with DCT?

Rocker66
1 hour ago, Woody 99 said:

Yeah, but when are they going to make one with DCT?

Unlikely as it’s no longer a current model.

• Sad 1

Tel

Thanks for all the positive replies! I am REALLY happy with the CBF1000 so far. It's ride quality is in a different league to the NC750X even after all the upgrading I had done {YSS and Hyperpro}. I did a deal with Ian at Doble Honda as I've known him for quite a time and bought the NC from him. It's nice to have smooth and ample power again too!

If possible I'll try to join in for 2 or 3 days on ' LE JOG ' {PoppetM} in a few months time.

• Like 1

PoppetM
Just now, Tel said:

Thanks for all the positive replies! I am REALLY happy with the CBF1000 so far. It's ride quality is in a different league to the NC750X even after all the upgrading I had done {YSS and Hyperpro}. I did a deal with Ian at Doble Honda as I've known him for quite a time and bought the NC from him. It's nice to have smooth and ample power again too!

If possible I'll try to join in for 2 or 3 days on ' LE JOG ' {PoppetM} in a few months time.

Really glad you are happy with your new steed and hope you decide to hang about! Where is the pics?!

Alas LEJOG will not be happening this year unless someone else picks up the reigns. I am currently bikeless after an “off”.

Hope to be back on two wheels of some sort before Summer but not likely to have built my confidence to do the mileage for LEJOG this year, sorry!

Tel

When you're ready to get back to biking have a word with Ian Gladman at Dobles. He's really helpful and easy to deal with. If he knows you don't want all the corporate nonsense he'll just be real world with you. Coulsdon isn't far from Woking either is it? Good luck with your recovery and regaining your confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

listener
On 15/01/2019 at 21:05, baben said:

Good luck and don't leave. No one on here actually still owns an NC. I had a CBF1000 and it was probably the comfiest bike I ever owned.

You cheeky devil you. Some of us are loyal to our NCs; unlike you traitors. :P

I too had a CBF1000, between 2007-10. I covered around 11500 miles from new (there were six bare months due to health issues).

Nice bike - I miss the roll-on stomp but not the weight or poor fuel economy.

My beastie ate its stator just before its 3rd birthday; which is partly why I traded it in for the 700 Transalp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1