giley

Helmet misting solved

giley

So finally solved noted missing on side of visor... Removed the vent on front one big hole now.

Noticed that there is a design flaw.. the vent plastic actually prevents air feeding to the side of the visor even though internally there is what appears to be channelling for it! 

Going to design and make a new plastic bit that works!!!

Edited by giley
  • Like 4

ScooterCommuter

What helmet have you got? Also, is it the external vent you've removed on the one inside the visor?

I have a shoei gt air that mists up one section of my pinlock almost instantly. I've never had a problem with pinlocks before and this particular helmet is supposed to be designed with airflow in mind so I keep wondering if there's a problem with the vent.

Ciaran1602

Interesting you note that. I have a HJC something or other that made big claims about the ventilation and, low and behold, the pinlock around the base of the helmet fogs up a little. Not enough to blind me but enough to be really chuffing annoying; now I can’t help but wonder if it it’s the increased airflow. The helmet is colder in winter than I remember any of my other helmets being cause of the breeze...

• Like 1

giley

shoei neotec v1... yes took the vent out from inside.. will get some pic's up.

it is colder now, but no misting even at a stop. I think the increased airflow prevents the misting so interesting yours seems opposite Ciaran wonder if it's how they move the . air.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

makman

I have two spots on the Neotec on peripheral vision that does this and I have to crack the visor open to clear it in slow traffic. Very annoying and gives me cold drippy nose syndrome in this rather fresh weather!

• Thanks 1

giley
1 hour ago, makman said:

I have two spots on the Neotec on peripheral vision that does this and I have to crack the visor open to clear it in slow traffic. Very annoying and gives me cold drippy nose syndrome in this rather fresh weather!

Yep that was my problem

Edited by giley

baben

My Neotec is the same. I think I will go back to Schuberth for my next.

giley

Umm I could sell my fix👺

pjm

Design it and get someone to print the part and ‘next year Rodney we’ll be millionaires ‘ 👍👍

• Haha 1

kayz1
6 hours ago, baben said:

My Neotec is the same. I think I will go back to Schuberth for my next.

I will be doing the same for the same reason, and have you noticed that The shoo-buts:muttley: are now far cheaper that of the Shoie's?

Well the basic is, and i do not want or can afford the Schuberth comms kit...

Rosewellian

I got shoei neotec v1 too mine mists where my breath hits it (sublimates) so every now and then have to lift visor to clear it with fingers .

soon as I see pics of the mod I will try it.

• Thanks 1

Wedgepilot

I have the opposite problem - even with all the vents closed I can still feel a trickle of cold air going up the inside of the visor past my nose! ❄️❄️❄️

giley
32 minutes ago, Wedgepilot said:

I have the opposite problem - even with all the vents closed I can still feel a trickle of cold air going up the inside of the visor past my nose! ❄️❄️❄️

silicone sealant will fix that :-)

• Haha 1

dazznutts

Since people are talking about helmets i have just bought a Lazer Matt Black Helmet where the surface is stick is this normal for a matt black helmet

PoppetM

Mine only mists on the left occasionally.

Can usually clear it with visor then open a vent and its ok but cooler!

slowboy

I've replaced my Shoei Neotec V1 with an HJC FG-ST this winter. The Shoei started to get a bit unreliable with latching the front now it's five years old, but has been an excellent helmet. 

As for the HJC, I've got a few miles under it now and will go so far as to say it is as good a helmet as I have ever owned. Well up to the quality of a Shoei or an Arai. Excellent fit and very comfortable, with good ventilation and while I feel the drop down sun visor is a bit of a gimmick (it is on the Neotec as well), it works fine. Looks very nicely made and well finished, considering it's their cheapest fibreglass helmet. Very pleased so far. The visor in particular stays virtually mist free with the pinlock, even on cold mornings. Absolutely superb value, costing me just under £150 from sports bike shop.

• Like 1

KingJames

Shoei Neotec V1 as well and the same.  Really bad this morning, mind you it was like riding through water and I was lovely and toasty with my heated gear.  Way too many people without Hi Viz on bikes this morning though.  Do us all a favour chaps and chapesses.  

Tex

On 25/01/2019 at 08:58, KingJames said:

Way too many people without Hi Viz on bikes this morning though.  Do us all a favour chaps and chapesses.  

Funny you should say that! Driving along a local single carriageway the other night, in a line of cars all doing about 40, a bike came by nipping past two or three cars at a time (depending on gaps in oncoming traffic). By the time he was a couple of cars ahead of me he ‘disappeared’ completely with his single rear light getting ‘lost’ amid the taillights of the queue of cars. Gave me quite a shock, actually. 

kayz1
On 1/24/2019 at 10:36, giley said:

Umm I could sell my fix👺

Well i will buy a fix from you Sir..

Lyn.

giley

ok so being transparent and honest.. the fix didn't work! thinking of getting new helmet not a shoei!

• Like 1