De restricting nc

trisaki

trisaki

Hi guys and girls  some time back someone on this fantastic  forum  mentioned  derestricting a nc700 , as my nc is a 35kw model  I'm about  to pull my  baby apart  for tappet check and air filter  replace , need to know , if grinding out the restriction plate in the hose is actually  worth doing !   Anything  else need doing afterwards  ie ecu reset etc  

Edited by trisaki

I once mentioned that I restricted my NC 750 from 44kw down to 35kw when I failed my test. I don’t recall hearing that anyone on here upped the output. I had it done by the dealer I bought from so I can’t tellyou how easy or difficult it was but the garage says that reversing the restriction would be quite easy once I pass my test . 

trisaki
40 minutes ago, Woody 99 said:

I once mentioned that I restricted my NC 750 from 44kw down to 35kw when I failed my test. I don’t recall hearing that anyone on here upped the output. I had it done by the dealer I bought from so I can’t tellyou how easy or difficult it was but the garage says that reversing the restriction would be quite easy once I pass my test . 

Probably  a restricted plate to stop the throttle from fully operating,  my one on my 700 is a disc with various holes in it fixed into  the intake hose between throttle body and air box 

As best I could tell at the time, all the restrictor did was reduce maximum top speed. It seemed to have little effect on acceleration. The dealer told me my top speed had gone from 180kmh to 145-150. I found little other perceptible difference on performance. You might want to ask yourself what your aim is before incurring the effort and expense of making the change, because derestricting the bike ain’t going to turn it into a fireblade. 

• Haha 1
Bigglesaircraft

Check out You Tube there are a couple of videos explaining the procedure. Except  removing a lot of plastic it looks pretty easy especially if you are doing a filter change.

The parts lists do show different ECU (PGM-FI) part numbers for different models but I'm not sure what the differences might be. I doubt the difference between the 35/38kW versions is significant and I'd suspect the airflow assessment in the throttle body will accommodate at least some of the effect (similar to changing dirty airfilters).

Just looked on the 'bay and found an Integra airbox, which shows the connection onto the throttle body. Assuming it's from a 38kW version it shows no divider in there.

5c49d284d1055_s-l1600airbox.jpg.d8c5be8aa6abe9ff8e8d0b12ee24905c.jpg