Dashwood

What Scooter?!

Tex

44 minutes ago, DMB said:

We have heard much praise for the Forza 300.  However, if one is buying one with a view to doing some high commuting miles, which engine is going to last longer before major surgery: a Forza 300 or an NC750?  Will the Forza do significantly fewer miles because it is having to work much harder?

No, Dave, assuming proper maintenance and ‘reasonable’ use, I really can’t see the Forza leaving anyone feeling they’ve been short changed. It’s a terrific little motor even (as was proven by a forum member) capable of functioning perfectly without a head gasket!

All modern engines are, pretty much, able to outlive the vehicle they are fitted to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Argyll

One Canadian owner (on the PCX forum) is currently on 60,000 miles on his 2014 Forza 300, basically without any issues.

• Like 2

Ciaran1602

I’ve seen several forum posts round the net of SH300s well over the 50k mark with nothing wrong. My neighbour has a 08 plate with some 46k and he’s barely had to do anything to it. Excellent motors in these things and most of the other components are very much tried and tested. 

• Like 1

Spindizzy
4 hours ago, Tex said:

No, Dave, assuming proper maintenance and ‘reasonable’ use, I really can’t see the Forza leaving anyone feeling they’ve been short changed. It’s a terrific little motor even (as was proven by a forum member) capable of functioning perfectly without a head gasket!

All modern engines are, pretty much, able to outlive the vehicle they are fitted to.

Its very hard to abuse a larger capacity CVT coupled engine. You cant stress it with revving unless you flat out blast it top speed constantly. Any high demand gets absorbed by the transmission where it just burbles at peak torque. No snatching at all. Unlike smaller basic scooters this ones water cooled to maintain a steady temperature facilitated by forced air. 

The other bonus you can use a top oil unsuitable for wet clutch engines. IIRC the SH300 uses a modified ex motox engine thats tough as old boots.

Mind You I abuse my scooter mercilessly. Laps it up and burns no oil at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

renners

Not sure it really matters to anyone on this forum, we seem to change bikes more often than our underpants.:hmm::D

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

baben
15 hours ago, renners said:

Not sure it really matters to anyone on this forum, we seem to change bikes more often than our underpants.:hmm::D

You wear underpants? Wuss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

lipsee
On 1/29/2019 at 10:41, Rocker66 said:

Why would they need to be made in Birmingham after all Triumph are no longer made in Meridian or Royal Enfields in Redditch? I know that the B in BSA stands for Birmingham but I’m sure if the design quality and pricewere right they would sell wherever they were made.

Personally if they were to make a bike equivalent to the Bonnie I would buy the BSA just on the basis of nostalgia. 

I have been watching  and reading reviews of the new RE 650 and really like what I have seen and if it had BSA on the tank with the appropriate paint job I would be even more interested.

Why,indeed... lets just say I would prefer it made in Birmingham,,,   Made in Madras just does not have the same ring...

SteveThackery
22 hours ago, baben said:

You wear underpants? Wuss!

You change your underpants?  Wuss!

• Like 1

listener

On 29/01/2019 at 22:08, renners said:

And just like with bikes we go for bigger and bigger ... :whistle:

big-girl-panties-2-600x450.jpg

Edited by listener
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

macamx
23 minutes ago, listener said:

And just like with bikes we go for bigger and bigger ... :whistle:

big-girl-panties-2-600x450.jpg

Oi sunshine, Our lass wants them back.

Geoff.

• Haha 2

embee
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:19, SteveThackery said:

You change your underpants?  Wuss!

Yep, every 4 days, inside/outside/front/back.

• Haha 3

Jeffprince

Sorry to pull the thread back on track....scooters...

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rocker66

No comment.😀😀

• Haha 1

Marvincon

A wc with a wind shield, genius. 😳

slowboy

I've heard it's a nice little runner :poke:

Spindizzy

I fear such a convenience may cause Rocker constipation. :poke:

• Haha 2

pjm

No it’s a ‘Diarrhoea  C T’

Rocker66
14 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

I fear such a convenience may cause Rocker constipation. :poke:

Actually quite the opposite as it seems the ideal think to perform that act on😂😂

• Haha 1

embee

I thought it might be the replacement for the Honda Pan. :blush:

macamx

No, No, it's a metaphor for Italy's economy.

Geoff.

• Haha 2