New member questions

Guest Ivy

Hi all, I have just joined after buying an NC700SA and wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I have a couple of questions though.

Firstly does the Shad comfort seat make the seat height higher, or rather do you need longer legs. I know from experience width is as restricting as height. Long legs I don't have.

Secondly, the rear brake. I have ABS and combined brakes and whilst just acclimatising myself to the bike applying the rear brake on it's own seems pretty much ineffectual. I will add that I have over 30 years experience and would not normally use that technique, just trying it. My ancient Moto Guzzi has linked brakes and stone age technology that works brilliantly.

I will post this in "hello there"  as well.

Thanks all,

Ivy.

Linked ABS on the NC's is not great.  My FJ1200 had a way better rear brake back in the day.  

Shad seats are from I've seen, wider, than standard seat.  You can get seats sculpted to suit you though, others will know of supplier. Viking Vinyl did a VFR seat for me years ago and it was very reasonable and comfortable.

trisaki

Hi and welcome  to this  Brilliant forum ,some great people  and knowledge  on here , rear brake probably  just needs a strip ,grease up of sliders and a bleed , different  pads make a difference  as well , shad seats are a little thicker  adding to your height  issue  , could get slightly  lower dog bones to lower the suspension  , where in the country are you