Sign in to follow this  
arengle

CB1100EX

Tex

No idea. But it’s a very welcome reduction. :) I still have a bit of a ‘thing’ for the model.. 

• Like 1

Argyll

I think that people stopped buying them once they realised that the early depreciation was pretty huge (although I've no idea why that was the case). Year old bikes with a few hundred miles were being advertised for not much more than 5 grand soon after the model was first released although prices appear to have risen since then. The first model (with the alloy wheels) was reckoned to be a good bike but later models with wire wheels suffered from stalling and fuelling issues - lots of complaints in the US about them. That must have had an impact on sales.

I've never ridden one, just sat on it, and it's a lovely motorcycle. Oozes quality and I certainly wouldn't mind having one - pure (and hopefully reliable) retro motorcycling.

• Like 2

macamx
1 hour ago, Tex said:

No idea. But it’s a very welcome reduction. :) I still have a bit of a ‘thing’ for the model.. 

Darkroom, lie down.  :angel:

Geoff.

• Haha 3

Exceledsteve
2 hours ago, arengle said:

The bike just got a 20% price reduction, same for RS, do somebody knows why?

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/cb1100-ex/specifications.html

£9,799 plus 20% seems awfully steep to me. £9,799 is still more than I'd pay for one, even the RS. Now £9,799 minus 20% would have me running to the Honda shop. 

I'd still come out with a 300 Forza, probably. No I wouldn't. Yes I would. No.... dammit, Geoff I'm going to join you and Tex in the darkroom for a lie down.

Edited by Exceledsteve
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Tex

Well, I just emerged from lying down in a dark room (same as I do every morning really) and, yes, the desire for a CB1100 has diminished. Phew! 

Actually the desire for anything new is diminishing. I looked, briefly, at the new SpeedTwin before realising that the ‘my bike and £5k’ actually translates to ‘my bike and a new Forza 300’!

There’s that name again ‘Forza 300’ - seems to feature quite heavily in the future plans of many.. :niceone:

• Like 4

Tonyj

I am not at the stage to buy a cb1100 , meaning I love the look and  quality of this model and it's performance but the timing is a bit off for me . I have a ktm and will possibly swop it out for the cbr1000 at some stage but that won't be for a season or two . Same for the big cb In a way   Just need a reason to buy but can't find one good enough

• Like 1

Tex

19 minutes ago, Tonyj said:

Just need a reason to buy but can't find one good enough

I have an excellent reason to buy (I love it!) but ten thousand good reasons not to

(£££’s). It would be a lovely thing to have on my bench to polish when it’s too cold/wet/dry/hot to ride. But so’s my Bonnie  :niceone:

• Like 2

Tonyj

Exactly . Same for me tex . I own a couple of bikes and they all fill a roll . So until time moves one of them on I'll just ponder the what ifs

• Like 1

Tonyj

Another little thing I've always wanted is a c90 stepthru . I've not got a use for it though so a dream it is . Actually it's on the back of my motorhome  if you know what I mean . One day maybe . 

• Like 1

Tex

Ha! With me it’s a Vespa! Always wanted one (the late - 4 stroke - one, not one of those early horrors that mods used to ride) but just have no need for one. Mind you, I barely have need of a car and I have one of those! ;) 

• Like 2

PoppetM

Sorry would be a T120 over this for me.....

• Haha 1

Tex
11 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Sorry would be a T120 over this for me.....

The T100 is the nicer bike - trust me. :niceone:

• Haha 1

baben

I love Tigger but I would really like something a lot lighter for exploring some of the lanes and tracks of Norfolk. I keep havering between a Himalayan or a Versys 300. If I do finally cave in I rather think it will be the Versys, purely on build quality (and a bit more power). But I do love the look of those Street Twins. But I couldn't take one of those down Clipbush Lane. Ooh, where is the dark room? I need a lie down.

30 minutes ago, Tex said:

Are you trying to get me and Poppet into a bidding war?

Edited by baben
  • Haha 2

rainmaker
On 2/8/2019 at 15:40, arengle said:

The bike just got a 20% price reduction, same for RS, do somebody knows why?

Easy, it's not selling well. Simple as that. That also explains:

On 2/8/2019 at 16:39, Argyll said:

I think that people stopped buying them once they realised that the early depreciation was pretty huge (although I've no idea why that was the case).

Supply and demand in free market...

Edited by rainmaker
  • Like 1

Tex
8 minutes ago, baben said:

I love Tigger but I would really like something a lot lighter for exploring some of the lanes and tracks of Norfolk. I keep havering between a Himalayan or a Versys 300. If I do finally cave in I rather think it will be the Versys, purely on build quality (and a bit more power).

Yep. Out of those two it’s the Versys for me too.

But I do love the look of those Street Twins. But I couldn't take one of those down Clipbush Lane. Ooh, where is the dark room? I need a lie down.

How about the Street Scrambler? They’re actually pretty capable off road and more than capable of going anywhere with ‘lane’ in the title.

Are you trying to get me and Poppet into a bidding war?

No, not at all. :D I genuinely prefer the T100 (even in standard form) because it steers so much better than the (truck like) T120. 

• Like 2

SteveThackery
On 2/8/2019 at 16:28, Tex said:

I still have a bit of a ‘thing’ for the model.. 

Oh, mate!  It's four cylinders in a line!!  The world's most boring engine configuration.  How could you have a "thing" for it??  ;)

• Haha 1

Tex
7 hours ago, SteveThackery said:

Oh, mate!  It's four cylinders in a line!!  The world's most boring engine configuration.  How could you have a "thing" for it??  ;)

Oh, I don’t want to start it - you silly arse - just sit and look at it! :D:D:D 

• Haha 4

wozza

IMHO they were overpriced to start with......... When I wanted one the price put me off - now it's just too late...........   

arengle

the price was 11500 at the beginning of the year, and now they drop it, not just in UK but all over the EU. the bike do not sell that much but my curiosity is why they drop it now and not before, is the last year when this model will be available in Europe, next year I think is Euro 5 coming in force, or they just want to bring the new Japanese color scheme to Europe too?

https://www.honda.co.jp/CB1100/type/

macamx
On 09/02/2019 at 19:58, Tex said:

It just is unless you’re a Yank then bigger must be better, Doh!!!!

Geoff.

Edited by macamx
  • Like 1