Rocker66

CRF 250 Rally 2019

Rocker66

Saw the Rally in it's 2019 co;ours today. It made me think what a difference a colour scheme can make to the appearance of a bike. Unfoutunately due to its position in the showroom it wasn't possible to get a photo  from a decent angle.

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

• Like 7

Tex

Yes, completely changes the look of the bike (not that there was very much wrong with how it looked before!). 

suffolk58

It's still got Dick Dastardly's goggles.

image.png

• Haha 5

Rocker66
8 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yes, completely changes the look of the bike (not that there was very much wrong with how it looked before!). 

I agree I liked the look of the other colour scheme but if I were buying one ( along with leg extensions) I would go for the new colour.

• Like 4

lazlo woodbine

So that's how they look when they are clean:D

I like silver bikes as evidenced by my Pan(Silver Machine 1) and Deauville(Silver Machine 2) but somehow the Rally looks wrong to me in those colours.

• Like 2

Mikdent

I'm not liking the colour either, silver always look cheap to me, almost unfinished you might say. 

• Like 3

Woody 99
6 hours ago, lazlo woodbine said:

So that's how they look when they are clean:D

I like silver bikes as evidenced by my Pan(Silver Machine 1) and Deauville(Silver Machine 2) but somehow the Rally looks wrong to me in those colours.

Hawkwind fan, by any chance?

• Haha 2

Andy m

Not struck with that. Looks like a copy of the Chinese copy. At least it hasn't got gold engine cases, I've been hugely tempted to use BBQ paint on the CB. 

Andy

Mr Toad
12 hours ago, suffolk58 said:

It's still got Dick Dastardly's goggles.

image.png

So it has. Well spotted :) 

Mr Toad

I like the bike a lot but I wonder how a metallic paint will fair if it gets taken off road? A non metallic is easier to touch up if required but hey, what do I know about these things.

Does the rather nifty looking dry bag com with it?

Mr Toad
32 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Not struck with that. Looks like a copy of the Chinese copy. At least it hasn't got gold engine cases, I've been hugely tempted to use BBQ paint on the CB. 

Andy

The bike in the background has bronze engine casings, a little more subtle than gold and I think I could live with it.

Tex
13 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

The bike in the background has bronze engine casings, a little more subtle than gold and I think I could live with it.

Mason, that’s the colour Andy was referring to. Bronze/gold delete as appropriate. Honda seems to be using it as a ‘trademark’ these days. I rather think it’s meant to convey an ‘exotic material’ feeling that the buyer is meant to be proud of. :) The Africa Twin started it (I think).

Meanwhile, over at Triumph some of the new Twin are actually getting magnesium engine cases (painted black). It’s designed to save weight, which it will. But on a street bike? That’s available to 8 stone girls and 20 stone blokes? The world has gone mad! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

lazlo woodbine
2 hours ago, Woody 99 said:

Hawkwind fan, by any chance?

Yes indeed. Saw them in London in their heyday. Good memories if only i could remember them:D

• Like 1

Woody 99
3 hours ago, lazlo woodbine said:

Yes indeed. Saw them in London in their heyday. Good memories if only i could remember them:D

I saw them in High Wycombe, also in their heyday. Probably around 1974. 

• Like 1

embee
34 minutes ago, Woody 99 said:

I saw them in High Wycombe, also in their heyday. Probably around 1974. 

Cambridge Corn Exchange, 1974 I think. I've just about washed the smell of herbal Woodbines out of my hair. :oldfart:

• Haha 4

Andy m

I'd have gone myself if I hadn't been busy being born 😊

That engine case behind is a bit darker than mine, or maybe it's the lighting. Still not struck. Black is best with maybe silver as plan B. The gold/bronze looks half finished lMHO. Wouldn't/didn't stop me buying, but such things can make you decide against if the Yamasuzuki is basically the same but a better colour. 

Triumph and magnesium is true marketing bling. How many MCN readers will swap their 2018 for the 2019 for bragging rights at Starbucks and something to explain it to the wife? The marketing department are not the daft ones. 

Andy

• Like 3

Rocker66

The bronze on Sue’s Neo Sport is actually the same asthat on her previously owned CB500F so I think it’s just a case of the showroom lighting.

• Like 2

Mikdent
11 hours ago, Mr Toad said:

I like the bike a lot but I wonder how a metallic paint will fair if it gets taken off road? A non metallic is easier to touch up if required but hey, what do I know about these things.

Does the rather nifty looking dry bag com with it?

You don't touch up an off road bike, any dinks or scratches become battle scars and are to be admired and make you feel proud. 

"Yeah that one was while I was traversing the wilds of........Salisbury plain. :dielaugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

baben
3 hours ago, Andy m said:

Triumph and magnesium is true marketing bling. How many MCN readers will swap their 2018 for the 2019 for bragging rights at Starbucks and something to explain it to the wife? The marketing department are not the daft ones. 

That is the case Andy but I for one welcome anything that reduces the weight of Triumphs. I am hoping the next incarnation of Tigger is at least 10kg lighter so that this crumbling reprobate can continue to behave badly.

• Like 1

slowboy

Not a fan of the silver, the ones with the red seats are faster. And the ones with the sheepskin seats are worth significantly more and their owners are riding gods and better looking.

😇

• Haha 5

Tonyj

Love the silver , you’re all moaners :0)

• Haha 3

slowboy
10 hours ago, baben said:

That is the case Andy but I for one welcome anything that reduces the weight of Triumphs. I am hoping the next incarnation of Tigger is at least 10kg lighter so that this crumbling reprobate can continue to behave badly.

Weight watchers?😉

• Haha 3

Tonyj

Have a poo , that’s 2kilo right there:0)

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 1

baben

I am slim and gorgeous. The bike is fat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mr Toad
1 hour ago, Tonyj said:

Love the silver , you’re all moaners :0)

Hi Ho Silver, away!

• Haha 2