Swingarm

CWG

Hi 

I have a 2015 S and the swing arm has started to rust at the ends. I will take it off and have it powder coated but don’t want any down time so buying a spare from flea bay. I saw a suggestion somewhere on here about having two and swapping out each year at winter service and think it’s a good idea. 

Is is there any difference in the swing arm in S and X models and 2015 and later models?

cheers

martin

Said in my best dealer voice “ theyalldothatmate”

• Haha 2
wingrider.steve
1 hour ago, CWG said:

Is is there any difference in the swing arm in S and X models and 2015 and later models?

I've had a look through the parts fiches and it looks like all the NC750 "s" and NC750 "x" models from 2014 onwards use the same swingarm.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, wingrider.steve said:

I've had a look through the parts fiches and it looks like all the NC750 "s" and NC750 "x" models from 2014 onwards use the same swingarm.

Thank you!

Both mine chipped and went off where the adjuster met the box section. Touched up the first , can’t be bothered with the second:0)

trisaki
1 hour ago, wingrider.steve said:

Or you could always do what I did:-

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/14559-new-accessory/&

Any problems  since fitting  , if you haven't got a dct version  I assume you end up having  the handbrake  caliper mounting  to do something with 

wingrider.steve
9 hours ago, trisaki said:

Any problems  since fitting  , if you haven't got a dct version  I assume you end up having  the handbrake  caliper mounting  to do something with 

No problems at all and DCT or non-DCT isn't an issue as the handbrake caliper mounting is actually part of the rear caliper bracket which is separate to the swingarm.

Im with Steve - ive been on the lookout for an Intgra swing arm for some time. - I end up painting my current swingarm every time I take it off to change the chain (so long as the weather is warm ;-)

15 hours ago, trisaki said:

Words fail me.  That's the best thing/idea I've ever seen!

I painted mine with Rustoleum yesterday....  Will take it apart one day when life slows down enough and rub, seal, prime and paint it properly.  I've slathered the inside with ACF50 grease though, so it is protected from the inside out.  It is a pain and it would be good for Honda to use materials that don't just corrode in these conditions for AWB's.  Need to wash the bike at some point when I finally get some time.

Glad I'm not the only one with a rusty arm ;-) Price of a new alloy 1200