NC Service Sheet

8ace

Hi,

I'm planning to service the bike myself when the warranty runs out in April so I've created an service sheet to make documenting it easier. I'll print off a sheet each time and clip any receipts to it so if/when I decide to sell at least it'll have a complete (not Honda) service history.

I've take it from the 2017 manual and removed the first service items and the non relevant ones (check throttle. etc)

Feel free to use it.

noOQSla.jpg

Edited by 8ace
  • Like 2
riders in the storm

I would value a service record from an obviously enthusiastic owner far higher than a dealer service history. Who knows what the apprentice will or won't have done to your bike....!

are you sure is right, valve clearance is every 16k not every 8k?

Mr Toad
8 minutes ago, Natlas said:

Nice job 8ace. Maybe add fork oil replace once in a blue moon?

I replaced the seals and fork oil on my NC at two and a half years as one of the original seals was weeping very slightly.

I can't tell you how filthy the old oil was, it looked like Honda had decided to use old engine oil rather than decent fork oil.

52 minutes ago, 8ace said:

Hi,

I'm planning to service the bike myself when the warranty runs out in April so I've created an service sheet to make documenting it easier. I'll print off a sheet each time and clip any receipts to it so if/when I decide to sell at least it'll have a complete (not Honda) service history.

I've take it from the 2017 manual and removed the first service items and the non relevant ones (check throttle. etc)

Feel free to use it.

noOQSla.jpg

Interesting ! spark plug change at 32000 miles !! the way i'm going (4000 miles on my 17 plate) that would be plugs in 10 years .!!

DaveM59

The only thing 'wrong' with doing this is that if you trade in at a dealer they will either not take this record from you, or they will bin it and not pass it on to the next owner. Nothing pertinent to previous owners can be passed on.

With a private sale it's a brilliant idea and basically what I do. Also good for your own records.

I keep a blow by blow record of what parts are changed and services on the date and mileage as well as MOT dates and any issues. This includes tyres, belts/chains, batteries, oil, filters etc

When Honda recently looked under warranty at the Forza when the EMU lamp came on, they were not concerned about the fact that I did my own oil change at 700 miles, but they did notice a replacement screen, hand guards and indicator bleepers so they did inspect fairly closely and they did refit the battery cover panel which I couldn't get to go back on properly after I took it off.

4 hours ago, arengle said:

are you sure is right, valve clearance is every 16k not every 8k?

Yes you are right, good catch.

Here is the revised list

aOW0fuC.jpg

Edited by 8ace
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...