Aldi this week.

John Y

Jeffprince

One of our scout leaders lost a finger when his wedding ring caught in a fence he was climbing, and fell. Most blood I've seen was when daughter jumped off a ledge when young and forgot to pull her tongue back from between her teeth. At A&E, the doc showed us light through the new piercings. 

• Sad 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeffprince

• listener

• baben

• Tex

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can strongly recommend the buttered chicken curry kit if you are going.  

I went into Aldi for some chain cleaner and lube, I came out with a bird bath, a kite, a paddling pool and some donuts. I completely failed to get any cleaner or lube!  

That's a lot of chain lube, fair play to her for spending that much on your hobby 

Posted Images

sterling01

Great find, thanks John. Just bought a load of this. :-)

KingJames
On 25/02/2019 at 09:33, KingJames said:

I can strongly recommend the buttered chicken curry kit if you are going.  

This week was chicken tikka curry, again very recommended.  

Rev Ken
21 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Many years ago when Iwas a St John’s Cadet we were on duty at a jump at the local Point to Point meeting. During the ladies race there was a faller at our fence and as we approached the rider who was laying on the ground we saw that her face was absolutely covered in blood causing us the expect a serious injury. When the blood was cleared we saw that the skin on her nose had been peeled back and was actually curled up at the top. After ensuring that the wound was clean the skin was rolled back down and the bleeding virtually stopped. I couldn’t believe such a small injury could haemorrhage so much. Apparently she thought it was caused by a hoof catching her so she was one very lucky lady.

As a matter of interest I think as a young lad I learned more swear words from the “Ladies” race than anywhere else. They sounded even more effective said in an upperclass female accent.😀😀

I too was a St John Ambulance Cadet! I learnt a lot...….and not only about First Aid.:devil:

20 hours ago, kayz1 said:

****I think as a young lad I learned more swear words from the “Ladies”****

I am with you all way with that one Rocker, used to make us lads in the Army cringe when we had to pass by the Lady'e Barrack rooms when i  were in Berlin . Never ever did the men sound as bad no matter the problems or pains...

Lyn.

Oh I so agree! However some of to-day's youth can't talk without 'F -ing' very second word. Shows a lack of imagination as there are lots of other expletives..... :BangHead:

• Like 4
Rocker66
21 minutes ago, Rev Ken said:

I too was a St John Ambulance Cadet! I learnt a lot...….and not only about First Aid.:devil:.. 

I know what you mean as that’s where I met my first serious girlfriend.😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Defender
3 hours ago, Rev Ken said:

I too was a St John Ambulance Cadet! I learnt a lot...….and not only about First Aid.:devil:

Oh I so agree! However some of to-day's youth can't talk without 'F -ing' very second word. Shows a lack of imagination as there are lots of other expletives..... :BangHead:

Or inserting 'Like' at ever juncture, I've even heard it at presentations! 

• Sigh 1
Rev Ken
13 hours ago, Defender said:

Or inserting 'Like' at ever juncture, I've even heard it at presentations! 

errrrr, ummmmm, 'old people': 'U' No, middle aged people , (every other word): 'Like' the youngsters, they don't even realise they are doing it! And now 'so' many presenters are using 'SO' at the beginning of almost every sentence when it doesn't make sense. Then since when as the ground become 'floor'? :BangHead::BangHead:

Oh dear, some of my 'irritations' are beginning to show.....:bye:

• Like 2
Andy m

"Can I get..." instead of "I would like..." or "Can I have...." 

The correct answer of course is: No, we have to get it for you. 

Andy

• Like 2
Defender
1 hour ago, Andy m said:

"Can I get..." instead of "I would like..." or "Can I have...." 

The correct answer of course is: No, we have to get it for you. 

Andy

That's what I always think too! 

• 3 months later...

Sooooo, I finally got around to using the WD40 Chain Lube stuff today and it is truly ........... awful.

I might as well have smeared the chain in superglue; I used a bit of cardboard between the sprocket and wheel to avoid excess lube getting on the wheel and brake disc etc and boy am i glad I did that. The stuff is on now and I am off to Orkney on Tuesday (dry-ish conditions predicted) so it'll have to do but I will not be putting this stuff anywhere near a bike of mine ever again.

2.7 (small) cans of WD40 chain lube going spare if anyone wants it.

Other WD40 & WD40-motorbike products: Obviously there is the original WD40 which is good for various things but I now avoid it getting into contact with rubber as it can damage that (see Fortnine video on YouTube). The Chain Wax is decent stuff and I will use this in wet or dry conditions now, with more for wet and just a wee smear for dry. The Chain Cleaner is great stuff and I use this to blast away oily grit from various things such as motorbikes and mountain bikes. I also have silicon motorbike polish which is good but why is it perfumed, ffs? And I have the motorbike wax which is rather nice and goes on easily. I have several other WD40 products like PTFE, white lithium spray and silicon spray and they're all good products in terms of efficacy and value.

outrunner
1 minute ago, wjvh said:

I am off to Orkney on Tuesday (dry-ish conditions predicted)

Yeh, right! ;)

Andy.

• Haha 2
Rosewellian
13 hours ago, wjvh said:

Sooooo, I finally got around to using the WD40 Chain Lube stuff today and it is truly ........... awful.

I might as well have smeared the chain in superglue; I used a bit of cardboard between the sprocket and wheel to avoid excess lube getting on the wheel and brake disc etc and boy am i glad I did that. The stuff is on now and I am off to Orkney on Tuesday (dry-ish conditions predicted) so it'll have to do but I will not be putting this stuff anywhere near a bike of mine ever again.

2.7 (small) cans of WD40 chain lube going spare if anyone wants it.

Other WD40 & WD40-motorbike products: Obviously there is the original WD40 which is good for various things but I now avoid it getting into contact with rubber as it can damage that (see Fortnine video on YouTube). The Chain Wax is decent stuff and I will use this in wet or dry conditions now, with more for wet and just a wee smear for dry. The Chain Cleaner is great stuff and I use this to blast away oily grit from various things such as motorbikes and mountain bikes. I also have silicon motorbike polish which is good but why is it perfumed, ffs? And I have the motorbike wax which is rather nice and goes on easily. I have several other WD40 products like PTFE, white lithium spray and silicon spray and they're all good products in terms of efficacy and value.

I stopped using the wd40 chain lube in favour of this stuff  https://eshop.wurth.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/3108-B1-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewModelDetail-ShowRecommendedModel?CatalogCategoryID=FDYKD92eBCEAAAFRUw0tfOi4&CampaignName=CS016&RecoId=search%40searchA

big tin kept at home and little tin in Frunk. Apply after ride while chain still warm, no complaints so far.

I used that previously (Wurth high-performance dry chain lube) and it was ok, certainly much better than the WD40 chain lube. Plan now is to use the WD40 chain wax which should last me up to the point of a sprocket and chain change at which time I’ll fit a Tutoro oiler and that be the end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the original chain on my NC750 DCT  for 22,000 miles. Lubed a couple of times a week with Castrol lube and cleaned it once a month with paraffin. However, there was a large build up of sticky goo around the drive sprocket and all over the lower suspension bushings. I have since fitted a DID chain and a Scott oiler. Once adjusted for my type of riding I have noticed that the chain stays perfectly lubed and hasn’t needed adjusting in 4,000 miles (10 minute job anyway). The back wheel, drive sprocket and suspension have stayed clean, too.

• Like 1