Honda nc750x vibrations 2000-3000rpm

Guest Snake_BEL

Guest Snake_BEL

Hello. Can anyone come across the NC750X (Mileage 25000 km), when there is a strong vibration at 2000-3000 rpm on the steering wheel, the problem was right from the start. Hands are numb from vibration. It is verified that this is not a chain with stars, not tires, not brake disks, not engine mountings.

Sorry for bad English, I'm from Belarus.

Edited by Snake_BEL
trisaki

Sounds like your drive chain  is too tight 

• Like 1
Guest Snake_BEL
5 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Похоже, ваша цепочка слишком тугая 

No, I was trying different tension, different people were adjusting, and trying to turn the engine with the chain off on the running board

trisaki

Too high a gear for too low a speed , example  , 5th gear less than 30mph 

Guest Snake_BEL
1 minute ago, trisaki said:

Слишком высокая передача для слишком низкой скорости, например, 5-я передача менее 30 миль в час 

No, on any gear, there is vibration in the range 2000-3000rpm

embee

Ideally someone else who is familiar with an NC would test ride it to first decide that it really is not as it should be. However, if you are sure there's something not right and have tried the easy steps, I would suggest that you really need to go through all the relevant things systematically. 

A couple of simple questions to begin with. Is the "check engine" light on?  Does it start OK when cold, also when hot? Does it idle OK or is it rough or unstable? Does the fuel pump prime (buzz) reliably when you first turn the ignition on? (I have had a fan relay fail, and they are the same as the one used for the fuel pump). Have any parts been changed since the bike was built, items like throttle body or ECU? There is a procedure to initialise the throttle body with the bike's ECU.

I'd do a simple check on charging voltage with the engine running, it ought to be something like 14 to 14.5 volts. Lower than 13.5 or higher than 15V is a bad sign. Check the battery terminals are clean and tight, also check the main common earthing point near the front of the rider's seat, undo it, clean all the terminals and refit and tighten correctly.

Check the ignition coil connections are good.

If it was mine, and all the above are OK, I would then check the valve clearances, if they are far out it won't run correctly regardless of everything else.

I'd fit a new set of spark plugs. Although the standard plugs are quite expensive being the precious metal types and are quite probably perfectly OK, it is still relatively low cost and again if they are faulty it will not run correctly even if everything else is fine. They should be fine for 50-80k km but it's not impossible for one to become faulty.

It could be a problem with plug leads or caps. One way to at least stress test the leads is to spray them with water while the engine is running, if they are arcing the water is likely to cause a cylinder to cut out altogether.

It would make sense to do a compression check. It's very unlikely to be an issue but it is a simple non-invasive thing to check and will confirm everything is OK.

I suppose things like injectors could be suspects but it's unlikely to be them.

Guest Snake_BEL
4 hours ago, embee said:

Существует процедура инициализации корпуса дроссельной заслонки с помощью ECU велосипеда.

How can I do more?

It remains to check the valve, spark plugs, compression.

Maybe check that rear sprocket is not out of round. Did read that some are out there from the factory 

Grumpy old man

Mine vibes at 3000 but not bad enough to spoil the ride.  Check engine mounts are secure. 

trisaki
10 hours ago, Snake_BEL said:

No, on any gear, there is vibration in the range 2000-3000rpm

Where are you maybe someone  on here may live somewhere  close , they could pop over to try it ?

Guest Snake_BEL
19 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Где ты, может быть, кто-то здесь может жить где-то рядом, они могли бы прийти, чтобы попробовать это?

It does not work out, since it is very rare in our country, I personally saw 1 piece on the way.

arengle

the first question will be, do you still have the handlebar weights? Do you have any handguards, or change the handlebar size/shape?

SteveThackery

It's important that you ride another NC750X.  What you describe might be normal - some people are much more sensitive than others to vibration.  Also, the owner of the other NC750X should ride yours so you can compare them properly.

16 hours ago, Snake_BEL said:

Hello. Can anyone come across the NC750X (Mileage 25000 km), when there is a strong vibration at 2000-3000 rpm on the steering wheel, 

Try replacing the steering wheel with some handlebars 😜

Steveb2418

Ты в Минске? Я посетил несколько раз. Сейчас живу в Ярославле  :-) 

Guest Snake_BEL
2 hours ago, arengle said:

первый вопрос будет, у вас еще есть вес руля? У вас есть какие-нибудь боевые рукава, или вы изменили размер / форму руля?

1 hour ago, Woody 99 said:

Попробуйте заменить руль на несколько рулей 😜

I did not change the steering wheel, I changed the steering weights on the heavy ones, it did not help. Now stand standard.

18 minutes ago, Steveb2418 said:

Ты в Минске? Я посетил несколько раз. Сейчас живу в Ярославле  :-) 

Да, Минск.

Steveb2418
16 minutes ago, Snake_BEL said:

I did not change the steering wheel, I changed the steering weights on the heavy ones, it did not help. Now stand standard.

Да, Минск.

У меня хорошие воспоминания;-)