• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• axis

• Tex

• Andy m

• Rocker66

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With front wheel  off the ground  does it spin freely  , pump front brake , now does it still move freely  , if not , Pull caliper off and clean and regrease the slider pins but not with copper grease

Some people you can’t help though. On my way to work one night I was following a quite expensive looking  car which had one rear light out. We both pulled into a filling station so I walked over to th

Look to the obvious first my friend . You need to elevate the front wheel , even if it's by getting some one to lean against the stand and spin the wheel to see if the disc runs true after that check

Posted Images

Steveb2418

Thanks for the link . My 2014 model has the original battery which is still strong but I'd like to replace it before the summers big trip, just in case . Lithium does seem the way to go ! 

Trev

Thanks also from me for the link.

I recently fitted a lithium battery to my Enfield and had to spend quite a lot of time finding the right combo of power & size due to the Enfield's awkward battery cage size. Good news is that I ended up with a cheap, non branded battery from a knowledgeable and helpful supplier www.countybattery.co.uk but I wanted to check the charging of the new battery as it wasn't a switch I had much info on so I had to jury rig a voltmeter for a few days. enniemeter.jpg.36ba973205a08c20b0167cc0b2818aae.jpg

I would like to swap my AT battery for lithium at some stage and a bluetooth link would be easier :thumbsup:

Rocker66
1 minute ago, Trev said:

Thanks also from me for the link.

I recently fitted a lithium battery to my Enfield and had to spend quite a lot of time finding the right combo of power & size due to the Enfield's awkward battery cage size. Good news is that I ended up with a cheap, non branded battery from a knowledgeable and helpful supplier www.countybattery.co.uk but I wanted to check the charging of the new battery as it wasn't a switch I had much info on so I had to jury rig a voltmeter for a few days. enniemeter.jpg.36ba973205a08c20b0167cc0b2818aae.jpg

I would like to swap my AT battery for lithium at some stage and a bluetooth link would be easier :thumbsup:

I see you have one of those handlebar clocks. I thought of getting one for the Monkey so I was wondering how good they are.  Am I correct in thinking they have their own battery the same as a watch?

Trev
57 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

I see you have one of those handlebar clocks. I thought of getting one for the Monkey so I was wondering how good they are.  Am I correct in thinking they have their own battery the same as a watch?

Yes, from memory a CR2032. I bought mine of thebay, just went for cheapest price as all seem the same. A few comments:

It's held on with a small grub screw that tightens onto the bars so may mark them if black paint, seems fine on the chrome although I'm not precious about the Enfield so haven't checked for minute scratches.

There is a rubber seal inside although mine still let some moisture in but the Ennie does get used all Winter and has seen several hard down pours so the  clock is probably okay for the odd light shower as is. I have now used some water sealing grease (as recommended by Murray) and that seems to have down the job.

The batteries only seem to last 6 or 7 months, I use Duracell (or at least that's what they're branded as!) and was hoping for a bit longer but maybe the cold doesn't help?

Of course it's not back-lit and you need to manually adjust for change of British Summertim, etc but it seems to hold time well.

A small LCD one may be a better bet for the Monkey, depends how it looks with the instrumentation and other parts? 

• Thanks 1
Rocker66
14 minutes ago, Trev said:

Yes, from memory a CR2032. I bought mine of thebay, just went for cheapest price as all seem the same. A few comments:

It's held on with a small grub screw that tightens onto the bars so may mark them if black paint, seems fine on the chrome although I'm not precious about the Enfield so haven't checked for minute scratches.

There is a rubber seal inside although mine still let some moisture in but the Ennie does get used all Winter and has seen several hard down pours so the  clock is probably okay for the odd light shower as is. I have now used some water sealing grease (as recommended by Murray) and that seems to have down the job.

The batteries only seem to last 6 or 7 months, I use Duracell (or at least that's what they're branded as!) and was hoping for a bit longer but maybe the cold doesn't help?

Of course it's not back-lit and you need to manually adjust for change of British Summertim, etc but it seems to hold time well.

A small LCD one may be a better bet for the Monkey, depends how it looks with the instrumentation and other parts? 

Thanks. The bars are chrome an There is plenty of other chrome bits around that area so it should fit in nicely. The Monkey is a fine weather toy so water proofing shouldn’t be a problem.

DSC00474.jpg

Edited by Rocker66
  • Like 1