alhendo1

New PR5s fitted today

Griff
On 9/5/2020 at 12:22, alhendo1 said:

The Road5s have been fantastic and have carried my carcass around for 12000 miles through a mixture of everything from B roads to boring motorway stints...

That is incredible mileage. My gast is totally flabbered !! 

I presume it is due to the light weight and low power of the 500 ?   On my last change of tyres on the X-Adv I got 8000Kms which is about 5000 miles. I ride briskly but I am easy on the throttle and by no means agressive in riding style. 

alhendo1
1 hour ago, Griff said:

That is incredible mileage. My gast is totally flabbered !! 

I presume it is due to the light weight and low power of the 500 ?   On my last change of tyres on the X-Adv I got 8000Kms which is about 5000 miles. I ride briskly but I am easy on the throttle and by no means agressive in riding style. 

I have to say I'm quite amazed myself...I don't really know why they lasted so long....the centre seems to be made of stern stuff...for about 3000 miles now I've been watching the rear and only now is it near the wear bars. 

embattle

I suspect at current wear rate the front will be replaced with another Bridgestone Battlax T30E, since the rear still has plenty of meat on it. Once both are then low enough I'll swap over to the PR5 on both ends.

I did notice that on Bridgestone's website only the rear T30E has triple layer compound construction.

SteveThackery

Just fitted R5s to my F800GT, which was still on its original Metzlers at 10,000 miles.

Totally different feel to the bike - in particular, I love the smooth and easy way it rolls into corners.  Makes it feel lighter and more agile, but still totally stable.  I think these are probably the best motorcycle tyres I've ever used, and I'm delighted with them.

Edited by SteveThackery
  • Like 4

Tex
44 minutes ago, SteveThackery said:

Just fitted R5s to my F800GT, which was still on its original Metzlers at 10,000 miles.

Totally different feel to the bike - in particular, I love the smooth and easy way it rolls into corners.  Makes it feel lighter and more agile, but still totally stable.  I think these are probably the best motorcycle tyres I've ever used, and I'm delighted with them.

Put a pair on my boy’s Street Triple R a couple of weeks ago, his comments mirror yours exactly. And he had PR4s on beforehand. :niceone:

• Like 2

MPG100

Anybody care to comment on tyre noise when switching to PR5s on nc750x ie is noise worse / same / better?? Based on old reviews on this website I was going to switch from my OEM BBattlewing BW502 to Avon Storms (tho am not sure peeps mentioned which model!) to quieten down the front end. I presume anything is better than the OEM in terms of noise, W&D grip and lifetime! TIA

poldark

Can't comment on R5s but my Avons are lovely, also quiet and £185 fitted 👍

MPG100

Do yr Avon Storms have a specific model name & number, also may i ask who supplis at £185, FITTED????? Thksssssss for the info!

poldark

Avon Storm Ultra XM

Available online for circa £85 (R) & £65 (F) and £30 for local fitting.

Fowlers of Bristol have an online shop on Fleabay (named Numberworth), I bought my £85 rear from them last year, think it's £87 now. 

Edited by poldark

davebike

Looks like PR5 going on today   I cheating a bit  teh front is comming off my old Fazer as it done under 1k miles and I arrived at work to find the rear here  Togather with a new rear for my MSX125  guess as no work booked in I changing tyres!  Crazy busy as F****  last week nothing booked all week this !

davebike

Well in my view the PR5 beats Bridstone BattleWing hands down  Much more flickable much lighter front end and no Nasty cold tyre effects this morning  Oh and no white lining in wet which the battlewings did lots of !

Front tyre is more worn that I thourt bot just under 1/2 worn so worth moving for my old bike !

Thosoneill

Quite amazing that michelin have wiped the field with the PR5 - yes they are more expensive than other manufacturers tyres however they seem to be the first choice for many a rider nowadays - I’m due new boots for the integra - I’ve sourced a pair of PR5s from bikespeeduk dot com for £239 delivered - going to order them soon 

Griff

While I agree that Road 5's are the best tyres, imho Dunlop Trail Smarts are not far behind. I had them on my former Explorer and never had an issue with them. I would happily go back if the Michelins were in short supply. Currently I am waiting for a 21" Metzeler because of factory slowness due to covid.