Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Meltdown

Messerschmitt on the bench

baben

Just started a JU88 in1:72 that I have had for a while - the instruction sheet has gone brown and brittle. The kit is amazingly crude compared to modern iterations of the same aircraft but I am having fun doing it.

• Like 2

baben

Note the tidy workspace.

bench.jpg

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 1

Andy m

What, you have the board and a craft knife and everything. Dining room table, the kitchen scissors and the last (best) use of MCN for me! 😁

Andy

baben
45 minutes ago, Andy m said:

What, you have the board and a craft knife and everything. Dining room table, the kitchen scissors and the last (best) use of MCN for me! 😁

Andy

The joy of a mancave. SWMBO is not allowed in - she keeps wanting to tidy things up and then I wouldn't be able to find anything.

Grumpy Meltdown
1 hour ago, baben said:

Note the tidy workspace.

bench.jpg

Loving the vice holding the fuselage halves together. 😂

I used a G clamp to hold the 109 together as the fuselage was warped and Tamika masking tape wouldn’t hold it.

It works for almost everything else though

Grumpy Meltdown

I finished the paint scheme today.

Why is it yellow just doesn’t cover? It took three coats, where the rest only took one.

Pleased with the way it’s turned out so far.

Final stages are a coat of gloss varnish, decals and a final coat of satin varnish.

1A8470DF-4DE0-4285-ACB1-DCBFEDA6EADF.jpeg.1d5c67774a54d463b1fbb86db7a7fa66.jpeg

• Like 2

outrunner

Very nice, but no weathering? ;)

Andy.

Andy m

+1 totally agree on the Yellow. HE-111 spinners are looking washed out and will need another coat. I've gone Hollyrood on the crew, grey overalls in a grey interior just looked dark. My Herman's are now non regulation like the 1969 film. I put it away at gin O'clock as I've now got a glazed nose to mask off and couldn't face it after getting the engines to mount with some sort of alignment and sorting the crew out. 

I like the pristine look. They must have looked like this when they came out of the workshop, so why not. Looking good. 

Andy

Grumpy Meltdown
14 hours ago, outrunner said:

Very nice, but no weathering? ;)

Andy.

That's a technique I have yet to master. I invested in some weathering powder yesterday so will be trying it out. 

14 hours ago, Andy m said:

+1 totally agree on the Yellow. HE-111 spinners are looking washed out and will need another coat. I've gone Hollyrood on the crew, grey overalls in a grey interior just looked dark. My Herman's are now non regulation like the 1969 film. I put it away at gin O'clock as I've now got a glazed nose to mask off and couldn't face it after getting the engines to mount with some sort of alignment and sorting the crew out. 

I like the pristine look. They must have looked like this when they came out of the workshop, so why not. Looking good. 

Andy

Glazed nose? That'll be the gin. 😉

• Haha 1