Max

Factory alarm

Max

I have just taken possession of a 2017 DCT ex Japan which is fitted with a factory alarm.

The unit is activated when the ignition is switched off, which is handy, but sometimes I don't want the alarm on.

The dog, neighbours, wife, are upset with it and I've only owned it 3 days!!!

Can anyone tell me what combination of buttons will prevent it activating? I have tried the usual "brake + ignition" but no good.

Rocker66
4 minutes ago, Max said:

I have just taken possession of a 2017 DCT ex Japan which is fitted with a factory alarm.

The unit is activated when the ignition is switched off, which is handy, but sometimes I don't want the alarm on.

The dog, neighbours, wife, are upset with it and I've only owned it 3 days!!!

Can anyone tell me what combination of buttons will prevent it activating? I have tried the usual "brake + ignition" but no good.

Have you looked to see if there are any instructions on line or maybe a Honda dealer could help you.

Max

Tried google with no luck, just the brake + ignition.

Local dealer has no idea. They don't include an alarm option in NZ. The national dealer is looking into it (when he gets time :))

Max

No joy, that article requires a remote. There is no remote supplied. Maybe that is the problem, the previous owner did not pass on the remote. Still waiting to hear back from the distributor in Japan. I'm going to remove some plastic to get to the siren and see what identification it has on it. Might have to order a new remote.

Jeffprince

This is one of the reasons my local dealer, Thunder Road, removes any alarm fitted to their 2nd hand bikes. Even though I was happy to take the risk on one sale, they still insisted on removing the alarm. 

Steel Horse UK

I cannot do without an alarm. I carry soft luggage a lot (SW Motech) and although it is secured to the bike my Datatool alarm gives me some peace of mind.

Max

Failed to get to the alarm. Couldn't figure out how to remove the tupperware. Next project is to try and find a workshop manual. 

Plenty of YouTube video on how to remove the front half, but not much on the rear end.