faiding black plastic .

Catts

Wedgepilot

You can buy stuff like "back to black" trim restorer that will darken it, messy stuff though. I've even used black shoe polish back in the day. 😁

Also, I find a regular wipe with some silicone spray will help prevent it fading in the first place.

P.s. welcome along!

Argyll

GT85 is good. 

Sea Foam Deep Creep is even better (apart from all the other good things it does).

suffolk58

I used Back to Black once. You can still see it sometimes in the creases of the skin on my hands. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
DaveM59

There are two types of restorer, waxes and dyes. Both do a good job but waxes are not permanent and have to be redone annually if not more often. Dyes actually re-colour the plastic and last quite a long time. Don't get dye on other paintwork or black dye on grey plastics (or your hands) as it does not come off. Autobright Restore 2 Black and the grey version are very good.

wingrider.steve

The best one I've found is Meguiars Ultimate Black.

• Like 1

It's not a permanent fix but if you spray WD40 onto the black plastic it brings back the colour and shine, then just reapply as needed.

I did this when I worked at Johns of Romford many years ago and it worked a treat in making the bikes look smarter [my boss was amazed at the time!].

I've used this on my 750x lower plastic with great results, but it's not cheap. 

Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer

acf50 works nice as well just a wipe, does need repeating tho