Rocker66

2019 CB500X 1st 220 Miles

kayz1
12 minutes ago, horobags said:

Ive covered 300 miles on my new 500x since friday, 200 of those two up. Its a very capable bike. Light,  quick  enough, economical, and fun to ride.

What!!

So what has gone this time Mark? i can't keep up:dielaugh:

• Haha 3

Andy m

Just over 6000 on mine and coming up on the year. Love it. 

Andy

• Like 4

Griff

I thought long and hard about what I would part with to allow the CB into the shed. As an all rounder it would be replacing another all rounder and the only bike that fits that bill in my shed at the moment is my X-Adv. Tbh that bike is waay too good to be parted with, and as such the CB will have to go on hold for a while. However as I have said I definitely see one in my future. As soon as the weather gets a little better I will have the test bike out again for the day. Looking forward to that. Now if only they had a decent set of tyres on it ....... 

Mister Paul
On 4/9/2019 at 12:56, Rocker66 said:

Not hundred percent true as a friend had a fight with his insurance company when he crashed his R6 due to the fact that it had a combination of tyres from different makers despite the fact that both were approved for the bike. The tyres were spotted by the assessor who came to approve the repairs.

How much of a fight? Who won?

Rocker66
53 minutes ago, Mister Paul said:

I don’t know how much of a fight as obviously he was dealing with it not me. Asking him about it was not a good idea as he was really touchy about the whole affair. I do know it was some time before he got a replacement which was a R1 due to the R6 being a write off.  

Tex
1 hour ago, Mister Paul said:

Can’t have been much of a fight at all (not about the tyres, anyway!). The insurers can only stipulate a vehicle is kept in roadworthy condition. A court would define that as ‘would the vehicle pass an MOT test?’ Insurance companies have no right to stipulate that tyres only be fitted in matched pairs. That’s nonsense. 

Rocker66
1 hour ago, Tex said:

Can’t have been much of a fight at all (not about the tyres, anyway!). The insurers can only stipulate a vehicle is kept in roadworthy condition. A court would define that as ‘would the vehicle pass an MOT test?’ Insurance companies have no right to stipulate that tyres only be fitted in matched pairs. That’s nonsense. 

I can only tell it as it was told to us . I know the saga went on for some time.

• Like 1

Rocker66

First service done today at a total cost of £48-13. Whilst at the dealers was told that most of my accessories were in so I’m really looking forward to the other bits arriving so that I can book it in and get it all set up.

• Like 1

dazznutts
12 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

First service done today at a total cost of £48-13. Whilst at the dealers was told that most of my accessories were in so I’m really looking forward to the other bits arriving so that I can book it in and get it all set up.

Free Labour ?

Rocker66
2 hours ago, dazznutts said:

Free Labour ?

Naturally.