NC750S (later model) Blank clocks and quick review

ex_R1100S

ex_R1100S

Evening All

Long time no here, so glad to be back and yes, looking for help!

Ok, due to some light fingered tw** "Borrowing" my 62 plate NC700 I'm now the proud owner of a 16 plate NC750S (New Type). And I do mean proud!!

Differences? It would be easier to list the bits that have stayed the same, Looks, shape, engine type and handle bars that are way to wide, about sums it up. 

This is the bike the 700 should have been. It may only have an extra 50cc but the extra gear, less restrictive silencer and LED lights have changed my NC experience from getting bored to come play with me :-).. The biggest difference is the gearing, having six well spaced gears makes it so much more usable...

Both of my NC's have been bought from my employer (Courier company in Londinium) as ex-company bikes. This means they may not be to old but they do have high mileage, My 700 had 52k and the 750 has 55k on it. That said, the 750 feels much tighter than the 700 did. Yes the both eat clutches, the 700 had 3 before i got it (put 32k on since) , the 750 is on its second.

Ok, SO... Why am i here??

Well.. the clocks have gone all dark, no LED back light but the LCD top screen works fine. 

Anyone heard of this before? I've asked a few people (including the original dealership) and nothing but blank looks..

I've had a quick look inside and nothing seems to be wrong, no marks, de-lamination, broken wires and all the fuses are as they should be etc..

So, I'm looking for any one that can give any guidance and manual for said 2016 NC750S. I have a printed (yes all 3 inches of it!), and PDF manuals for the 700, which given the differences are as much use as a chocolate teapot. I've done the usual looking online and I can't find anything for the later model either printed or PDF, very frustrating..

I'll add the wiring diagram to the PDF copy, any suggestions where it's best to upload it for those here that need one??

Cheers in advance.

• Like 1
embee

The connectors on the back of the instruments can cause some issues, but having had the instruments off you will have disconnected it so I would guess inspected it. Use some aerosol contact cleaner and "work" the connector in/out a few times. Worth a try.

It could of course be some fault inside, I don't know anything about them in that detail.

Interesting to hear your experience with going from the 700 to 750.

The capacity actually went up from 670 to 745, so 11% increase in capacity and thus torque (assuming the same BMEP). As a rule of thumb, 10% increase is usually "noticeable", 5% often isn't really.

Edited by embee