DB1965

Chain tentioner end plates

DB1965

Hi all

Do any of you no the dimensions of the chain tensioner end plates i am looking at replacing mine with something more smarter than the OEM ones, or will any other bikes end plates fit the NC or do you know of any aftermarket end plate that are availiable, cheers gents :thumbsup: 

DB1965

hmmmmmmmmm i am  feeling ignored 

Tex
1 hour ago, DB1965 said:

Well, not deliberately I’m sure. I have no idea about the answer to your question, and I rather suppose no one else does either. Maybe take yours off and measure them? Then you can tell us?!

arengle
1 hour ago, DB1965 said:

I think you are first one to even think to change this plates ...

you can just remove one and have a look at it, but not sure what do you mean by "smarter" ones for replacement.

djsb
Posted (edited)

I just happen to have mine off at the moment as my swingarm is at Triple-s in Bingley for powder coating So here are the measurements.

Overall width = 36 mm

Overall length = 75.4 mm

Thickness = 3 mm

There is an inner lip that is 30.4 mm wide and 70.3 mm long (so an approx 5 mm lip). This inner square/lip stops the plate moving off-centre. Also, the plate is raised where the bolt goes through. There are 2 small holes that are probably for drainage.

Edited by djsb
  • Thanks 3

DB1965
23 hours ago, Tex said:

Well, not deliberately I’m sure. I have no idea about the answer to your question, and I rather suppose no one else does either. Maybe take yours off and measure them? Then you can tell us?!

Thanks Ted i have not got my new machine yet not changing in for a couple of moths just picking up some farkles i would like to change as these are a very basic plate other wise i would have measured my own, i will let you know what i go with to help other that wish to change them out for something smarter,

DB1965
23 hours ago, arengle said:

I think you are first one to even think to change this plates ...

you can just remove one and have a look at it, but not sure what do you mean by "smarter" ones for replacement.

Thanks Adrain as my previous responce otherwise i would have  :thumbsup:

DB1965
22 hours ago, djsb said:

I just happen to have mine off at the moment as my swingarm is at Triple-s in Bingley for powder coating So here are the measurements.

Overall width = 36 mm

Overall length = 75.4 mm

Thickness = 3 mm

There is an inner lip that is 30.4 mm wide and 70.3 mm long (so an approx 5 mm lip). This inner square/lip stops the plate moving off-centre. Also, the plate is raised where the bolt goes through. There are 2 small holes that are probably for drainage.

David

Thats brilliant very helpful thanks  I will let you know what I go with once i look around different bikes that have plates that will fit  I think the CB 500 does and the old Trans alp 650  as well, i sure theres a few more  as well then i will decide what to use and maby spray up to match the bikes paint scheme,  I am going for the Red  good lucK with the swing arm let me know how it comes out, i am already rubbing down the new Givi pannier and top box frames and respraying and laquering them the engine block colour very dark grey with a gold flek as the paint coating  is very poor  on them and have had them rusting within a couple of months of use. :thumbsup:

DB1965
18 minutes ago, DB1965 said:

Thanks Ted i have not got my new machine yet not changing in for a couple of moths just picking up some farkles i would like to change as these are a very basic plate other wise i would have measured my own, i will let you know what i go with to help other that wish to change them out for something smarter,

appoligies Tex 

• Like 1

embee
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:25, DB1965 said:

Hi all

Do any of you no the dimensions of the chain tensioner end plates i am looking at replacing mine with something more smarter than the OEM ones, or will any other bikes end plates fit the NC or do you know of any aftermarket end plate that are availiable, cheers gents :thumbsup: 

The 700 Integra used cast aluminium end plates for some reason best known to Hondasan. Seemed a bit of a barmy thing to do, but there you go. They are a lot nicer than the pressed steel X/S types.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/700-SCOOTER/INTEGRA/2012/NC700DC/Frame/SWINGARM-CHAIN-CASE/60980/F_33/2/14190

SWINGARM-CHAIN-CASE-Honda-SCOOTER-700-INTEGRA-2012-NC700DC-F_33.jpg.d7c35220f7fcc7a74a173e37624f7dbe.jpg