Ashley

Replacement hand guards

Ashley

Guys,

I dropped my 2017 750X yesterday and broke the right handguard.  I'm gob-smacked (to say the least) at how expensive they are to replace.  Anyone got any for sale?

Thanks,

Ashley

wjvh

Eebay, £10 a pair. Unbranded Chinese stuff but just as good.

KingJames
Posted (edited)

Got a good suggestion that will def fit with the bar ends?  I tried a pair and had to send them back and yes the ad prose said they fitted an NC750X.

Edited by KingJames

MPG100

Confused newbie: Are handlebar ends and handlebar weights the same thing and does (permanently) removing them from the bike in order to fit decent metal and plastic handguards cause the handlebars to vibrate??? Thks

Tex
7 hours ago, MPG100 said:

Confused newbie: Are handlebar ends and handlebar weights the same thing and does (permanently) removing them from the bike in order to fit decent metal and plastic handguards cause the handlebars to vibrate??? Thks

Yes, bar ends and weights are one and the same. Their function is partly to absorb vibration and partly to add weight (groan!) to steering input from the rider. Some people remove them and feel no ill effects, but they were put there for a reason. If they made no difference they would not have been factored in the design process.

• Like 1

KingJames

Having had a few nasty movements recently when on a lean due to road 'imperfections' I'm a fan of keeping the bar ends on as I moved, the bike moved and occasionally we moved as one.  Dampers of my movements were appreciated.

Mister Paul
12 hours ago, MPG100 said:

you've got your external bar end weights, and they screw into another lump of metal inside the bars. With some hand guards you remove the bar end weight and screw the gubbins into the internal bit. Barkbusters come with their own weights, so you remove all of the Honda weight (internal and external) and the Barkbuster metalwork slides into the bar to replace it.