Integra 750 DCT not starting

Guest Jakes

Guest Jakes

My Integra 750 just stopped starting. Solenoid is clicking but fails to turn over the engine. Electric current at the solenoid terminals is 12.56v. I have no clue as to how to remove the panels to access the starter motor to check if that is the problem.Please help.

Slowboy
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

My Integra 750 just stopped starting. Solenoid is clicking but fails to turn over the engine. Electric current at the solenoid terminals is 12.56v. I have no clue as to how to remove the panels to access the starter motor to check if that is the problem.Please help.

Someone will be along with a list of things to check I'm sure. It might help to know where you are (roughly) there might be someone local who could help.

Brian

Edited by slowboy
DaveM59

When you say the relay is clicking, do you mean it's 'rattling' as long as you hold the button in, or just a single click?

If the first, then your battery is dead despite measuring volts, there is no amps to give it any power.

• Thanks 1
trisaki

Are you measuring the battery with ignition  turned on or off 

Guest Jakes

The lights and ignition comes on and is full strength, no depletion there. I check the voltage at the solenoid terminal  with ignition off.

embee

Battery condition is obviously the most basic issue, but not the only possible one.

Check the voltage at the solenoid terminals when you press the starter. If it drops to a pretty low value (say less than 10 volts) then it's probably simply the battery condition. Perhaps the simplest thing is to swap with a known good battery from another bike if you can get hold of one, and see what happens. If you can charge your battery with a good quality charger that would also be worth doing.

You can use jump leads from another battery as long as you are careful. If using a car battery then don't have that engine running, just a reasonable battery should be perfectly adequate.

It's possible that the starter solenoid is faulty, but eliminate the easy stuff first. How old is the battery? They can last different lengths of time depending on how you use the bike and climate etc, anything from perhaps 3yrs to 7yrs is normal.

Do you have anything attached to the bike which could drain the battery, an alarm system or even a USB port for example? Some USB adapters will drain a considerable amount of charge even when nothing is plugged into them.

• Like 1