Spare key Integra 2012

Guest kuchuk

Guest kuchuk

Hi guys,

I just bought a used Honda Integra 2012 and the owner only had 1 key available. Now I am on the hunt for a blank/spare key does anyone know which one should I get? 

The local Honda dealership is useless and can not help with the issue at all.

Thanks

Rocker66

You may have a problem if you don’t have the red key or the one with the numbered tag as the keys are chipped. Any Honda dealer should be able to explain this to you. If you loose the one remaining key then you may need a new ignition lock .

The above is the situation as I understand it others may know of a different method.

Sorry I can’t give you better news. Anyway welcome to the forum. May I ask where you are located and which dealer you approached?

• Like 1
RC166

Have a search on this forum, it’s been covered quite a few times and gives you all the info needed. Rocker is probably right saying about losing the only key and needing a new lock set. Good news is you can get a chippped key cut then program it yourself, I did one last year, total cost about £17. 

embee

As long as you have ONE working chipped key it is OK. There isn't a "master" key as such.

You can programme them yourself if you search for the method, there are youtube videos for Hondas, other models of Honda use the same basic method. It is not very complicated.

You need a piece of wire and a resistor, you unplug the crank sensor and apply power from the battery via the resistor link wire. You go through a procedure of essentially turning it on with the good key you have, then take it out and put the new key (with a chip) in and follow the procedure to get the ECU to recognise the new chip.

I haven't tried to explain the process in detail because it's best to watch the process being done on a youtube link.

Technically the chip doesn't have to be in the key (you can use an old key head with a new cut blank as long as the chip is close enough to the lock where the sensor is).

If you lose all the keys then you are in trouble.

• Like 2
RC166

Embee is spot on. I made up the simple wiring lead and connector rather than buying a set. Get the correct key blank with transponder chip already fitted, think the chip is type ID46. You don’t need a genuine Honda key, which is very expensive.  I got mine off that auction site. 

Just google Honda HISS key. Loads of info.

Although most UK spec Hondas have the HISS fitted, I don’t think it’s fitted in all countries. So just check that first, it could save you work and money. 

• Like 1
Tonyj

Top post rc166

• 2 weeks later...