2016 NC750 DCT service (oil, filters, manual)

nikita

Hi all,

my sincere appologies if the question was already asked - I just cannot find the information easily as I just found this forum 15 minutes ago!

Could anyone provide some info in relation to the 2016 NC750xd- DCT model:

1. what oil is suitable: I found that for nc700  - 10W30 is recommended. Is this the case or would 10w40 also suit it?

2. Does the air filter needs to be replaced upon oil filter change? Or how often?

3. Is there any user manual available for this bike?

Many thanks!

Grumpy old man

Hi

I think you'll find the general consensus is 10-30 for the DCT  bikes and that's what Honda recommend the air filter to be replaced every other service or every 16000 miles butsaying that when I did mine the filter looked clean I changed it anyway as I'd already got one and stripped it.

You should have got an owners manual with the bike and a workshop manual is available through Honda dealers but you're talking  £50+

Grumpy old man

Oh :welcome:

Thanks a lot for the info!

Few more questions:

would it be very bad to put 10W40?

did anyone had a chance to compare 700 service manual to 750 - are they very different or similar at most parts?

Thanks!

Grumpy old man

I have a 2015 750 manual gearbox but the 2016 model had a few changes LED lights different suspension and different body work I think the engine stayed the same. So you really need a 2016 manual.  Apparently I'm led to believe that the oil for the DCT is quite critical and 10-30 is the way to go the manual not so critical but I'm no expert. 

Grumpy old man

Do you have a 700 workshop manual? 

Bart Stilgo

Just to throw a spanner in the works my DCT is running 10w-40.  I think both oils act the same when cold

Grumpy old man

found this might be reading the thread

Edited by Grumpy old man
embee

The DCT isn't "critical", just that Honda did the calibration assuming a typical 10W30 at our sort of temperatures. Personally I use a 50/50 mix of 10W30 and 10W40 Castrol Power1semi-synth, the Castrol oils are at the thin end of the bandings.

Remember the DCT has a small oil filter of its own, separate from the main oil filter. Honda recommend changing this every other oil change.

Air filters, in the UK environment you can safely work on 25k miles before you need to consider changing an air filter.

Spark plugs are precious metal/iridium as standard, they're good for best part of 50k miles usually, the recommended renewal is 32k miles IIRC. I've done 32k on mine and have no intention of changing them yet.

You can do the "clutch initialisation" procedure yourself. it's just a case of pressing buttons in the right order. This will get the DC to recognise when the clutches take up the drive, and I'd recommend doing it a few hundred miles after an oil change, it gives the oil a chance to stabilise and you'll get the best shift quality. The bikes with three S modes use a very slightly different procedure to the one S types. The engine must be at normal operating temperature first, it will refuse to do it if it sees the oil temperature too low.

• Like 2
Grumpy old man

there you go:D

I have used 10W40 full synthetic  in my Integra  since the first service, and haven't had any issues after 20k. I also haven't had any issues with the DCT with that viscocity.

Although my uses are more in uphills (and downhills) in the alps, and in the summer, going up passes, I would rather have the 40 then the 30.

SteveThackery
14 hours ago, nikita said:

would it be very bad to put 10W40?

In my bike it spoiled the gearchanges when cold - they were jerky.  They would smooth out after a couple of miles.  Putting 10W-30 in cured it instantly.  (And yes, I'd done the clutch initialisation procedure).

HOWEVER, others with exactly the same bike have reported no problems.  It seems 10W-40 is right on the edge of what the DCT is designed to work with, so you might or might not get away with it, and you won't know until you try it.  Personally I would stick to 10W-30 every time - it costs the same, it's the one specified for our bikes, so why risk putting the wrong stuff in?

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for all the response and advice!

I haven't even heard about the clutch initialisation procedure! I wonder if anyone can point me out how to do that on my 2016 DCT?

Also if anyone can tell how to adjust the high beam headlights as it feels like a little bit too low.

Thanks!

SteveThackery

This is from the 2016 manual:

image.png

Edited by SteveThackery
SteveThackery

Oh, damn!  There's another page and I can't find it!  I don't have the manual any more - can anyone assist with the next page?

Sorry, nikita, I feel like a bit of an idiot.  :blink:

Edited by SteveThackery
Mark8arker
On 07/05/2019 at 16:56, nikita said:

Hi all,

my sincere appologies if the question was already asked - I just cannot find the information easily as I just found this forum 15 minutes ago!

Could anyone provide some info in relation to the 2016 NC750xd- DCT model:

1. what oil is suitable: I found that for nc700  - 10W30 is recommended. Is this the case or would 10w40 also suit it?

2. Does the air filter needs to be replaced upon oil filter change? Or how often?

3. Is there any user manual available for this bike?

Many thanks!

You can buy worshop manual off that auction site. I have one that covers NC750 X/XA/XD/S/SA/SD models. Was'nt cheap £40

On 5/8/2019 at 17:58, SteveThackery said:

Oh, damn!  There's another page and I can't find it!  I don't have the manual any more - can anyone assist with the next page?

Sorry, nikita, I feel like a bit of an idiot.  :blink:

No worries at all Steve! I appreciate your good willingness anyways!

Everybody thanks a lot for advises, got oil and filters and will go changing them all tonight. Then i will reinitialise the clutch and then I will go hunting for chain and sprockets, lights, handguards.

Anyone feel like original led lamps are a little bit weak on the bike?

Anyone could suggest something cheap but of a good quality for Handguards?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
Honda Integra
On 08/05/2019 at 19:56, SteveThackery said:

This is from the 2016 manual:

image.png

Maybe do you have Honda NC 750 D Integra 2016-2017 repair manual ?

Honda Integra

Maybe someone can help me with my Honda NC750 D Integra 2017? I can,t find reason why my honda did not start one morning. No spark in spark plug, no power peak voltage in ignition coil primary wires, in CKP sensor peak voltage more than enough. Can't find bank angle sensor. In the starting position everything working as should be, but then cranking there is no any sings it start? Maybe someone now how to check PCM, is it work correct ?

Skidt

If you look in the “Downloads” section on this forum, you can download an owners / service manual. That should have all of the information that you need. 

Steve Case

Another oil thread....

Change all 3 filters air box, engine and DCT.

Use an MA specced oil for motorcycles, Not car oil.

Spark plugs at 32,000 mile intervals.