Sign in to follow this  
makman

BT023 VS PR5

makman

Just swapped out a BT023. Managed to get 7571 miles out of it and still off the wear bars. Just with MOT next week I'd probably get advisory, and that is just not on!

Been happy enough with the BT, but the PR5 feels better. Yes, it is a new tyre, but it does have a nicer drop in feel on the corners and I reckon I'll get better mileage out of it, if I end up keeping the bike that long!

• Like 1

makman

Forgot to say. £153 fitted with ride in/out at Watling Tyres. Cheaper than FWR and the Swanley branch is spacious, free coffee and excellent service.

• Like 1

alhendo1
On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 11:39, makman said:

Just swapped out a BT023. Managed to get 7571 miles out of it and still off the wear bars.

Was that the rear?....The Bridgestone BT023 was the one I was considering when replacing the Dunlop Skiddymax oe tyres as I've had good experience with Bridgestone in the past ,but I'd have thought they would last longer than that....

For the record I went with the Road5s and really rate them....I bought them for their wet weather grip and they haven't dissapointed.

makman

It was a BT023 on the rear.  I'm going to test the PR5 again tomorrow on my work.  I reckon I could have got to 8500 on the BT, but with the MOT next week, I decided to get it swapped out when I had the time/money.

trisaki

I hated my bt023 on my NC but loved them on my fjr1300 , probably  a weight  thing , 

• Like 1

larryblag
18 hours ago, trisaki said:

I hated my bt023 on my NC but loved them on my fjr1300 , probably  a weight  thing , 

They were excellent on the R1200RT too

DelBoy
On 5/10/2019 at 11:39, makman said:

Just swapped out a BT023. Managed to get 7571 miles out of it and still off the wear bars. Just with MOT next week I'd probably get advisory, and that is just not on!

Been happy enough with the BT, but the PR5 feels better. Yes, it is a new tyre, but it does have a nicer drop in feel on the corners and I reckon I'll get better mileage out of it, if I end up keeping the bike that long!

I don't use Watlings any more (had a few bad experiences with them)... :blink:

I just used FWR today for my new tyres, I liked the service , also they are bike enthusiasts and I feel confident that they have done a proper job.

Taking it back on Wednesday for new wheel bearings and they are not going to charge to remove the wheels again, so only £60 for both wheel bearings. :thumbsup:

makman

I use FWR in the main, just that with the MOT coming up, Watlings was the closest with stock on the day I needed it. MOT was done on the Friday.  I've used FWR many times over the years and happy with them.  Just thought I'd give a shout on the good service from the Watlings branch in Swanley.  

• Like 1