Vestland

Apollo heated grips

Vestland

I plan to mount heated grips on my new NC70XA. Anyone who have tried the Apollo brand grips ? Any recommendations anyone? 

pjm
Posted (edited)

I put them on my Africa Twin and found they worked well. Nice not to have a separate control box and looked almost factory fit. I used a X-Acto razor saw to trim the excess length on the AT and that provided a great finish to the cut. Much better than the dealer fitted ones on my Integra that looked like they had been cut with pinking shears.

Edited by pjm

rjp996

I have them on my NC, work well and look more OEM. I used the. As don't like the extra control box's look

they come in 2 sizes for different lengths, get the right length for the NC and there is no trimming. 

Roy Atkinson

Any chance of a picture so we can see what they look like.

Including the mentioned control box.

Thanks.

pjm

I don’t have any images but they don’t have a control box. The switch and led lights are integrated in to the left grip.

Roy Atkinson

I have had a look at the 2 main suppliers and they appear to be more costly than Oxford grips. So why not buy them if you need them.

I could do with some but I cannot bear to cut the originals off.

lipsee

I want some heated grips too,,I have looked at these on   **zon and seems they are quite good,,but its all about the fitting,,,which seems very bike dependent.. plus the price is on the spendy side...so I think I will go down the oxford route...

pjm
Posted (edited)

If you are going down the Oxford route go for the Advanced range with the 9 heat settings. I found them easy to fit and work really well. About £80.00

Edited by pjm

Vestland

Thanks for your replies. that auction site next..