Stuck in gear - only D mode

Guest kuchuk

Guest kuchuk

Hello,

I had a bike stuck 3 for times in a space of 2 weeks and it only happened at the red light so far .. the blinking dash appeared instead of the gear numbers. I had to turn off the bike , turn it back on and then the dash went away.

Since then I only rode in S mode and it never got stuck.. I read on the forums it is probably pin shifter issue, but how and why it only applies to D mode? Im looking to fix this asap, also Im wondering is it bad for the bike to drive in S mode with this issue?

embee

What bike do you have? The breaking pin issue affected only a relatively small number of mainly early 700 models, quite a few of them Integras (seems like it was probably a batch fault). The pin was changed in manufacturing method (it is believed) and got a new part number for later models.

What you describe doesn't sound like this issue to me. Not sure what would cause issues in D mode only. These systems are usually pretty fail-safe, so if it's working OK in S then you should be perfectly safe to continue (ducks and hides when the thing explodes :whistle:  ).

The first thing to check with such issues is the integrity of connectors. Most fault flags will be the result of the ECU either getting no signal from a sensor, or a signal outside the normally expected range. Unfortunately there are a lot of sensor signals going to the ECU. There are ways to interrogate the fault system for any latched codes.

Guest kuchuk

I have on of the earliest Integras from 2012 according to the previous owner, he never mentioned he had this problem with D mode.

embee

Could be the issue then. I can't recall all the symptoms folk have reported, but it is in the problem group it appears. It's possible it is something else of course, I believe kayz1 changed a pin in someone's bike with a similar issue but it was not broken and of course didn't solve the problem.

I changed the pin in mine (also a 2012 Integra) as a precaution, I didn't want it happening while away touring.

makman

I solved mine by changing the shifter pin.  It has sheared off. Mine is a 2013 DCT NC700X.  Still doing strong and smooth after the change.

• Like 1
kayz1
On 17/05/2019 at 22:04, embee said:

Could be the issue then. I can't recall all the symptoms folk have reported, but it is in the problem group it appears. It's possible it is something else of course, I believe kayz1 changed a pin in someone's bike with a similar issue but it was not broken and of course didn't solve the problem.

I changed the pin in mine (also a 2012 Integra) as a precaution, I didn't want it happening while away touring.

Sorry all i forgot to reply to this thread.

When i got around to pulling the motor apart the only thing i could find was the clutch main shaft was badly worn on it's lower side(outer) clutch set.

I gave away all the good stuff but still have the outer cases and the crank:lol:

I put another motor in it to get the chap off on his Holiday trip.

• Like 1