The Possum

New seat gives NC new lease of life

The Possum

I've followed all the advice for modifying my seat ~over the last 2 years of ownership I've taken it apart and installed gel pad, more padding and lifted front etc. which made it livable for a 200 mile journey but it still wasn't "right".  It was SO not right that I've been looking to move on to a tiger explorer but my wife said not to be silly, you love the bike it's just the seat!..I've finally got one made my Ed Junior at Crowther and Sons and know now why I married her.  The seat looks terrific, its comfy and lower to boot.  

The moral of the story.  I love my NC and wish I'd  listened to her 2 years ago

• Haha 2

Grumpy old man
8 minutes ago, The Possum said:

I've followed all the advice for modifying my seat ~over the last 2 years of ownership I've taken it apart and installed gel pad, more padding and lifted front etc. which made it livable for a 200 mile journey but it still wasn't "right".  It was SO not right that I've been looking to move on to a tiger explorer but my wife said not to be silly, you love the bike it's just the seat!..I've finally got one made my Ed Junior at Crowther and Sons and know now why I married her.  The seat looks terrific, its comfy and lower to boot.  

I love her too ( my wife not yours, but I could do but I don't know her) any way if I'd have listened to her ( my Wife, Mrs Grumpy, not your wife.) I would have never got back into biking so I'm glad I never listened to her (my wife not yours).:blink:

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 8

Jeffprince
Posted (edited)

Picture, please....of the seat, that is!

Edited by Jeffprince
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tonyj

Leave off , thought you meant his wife then :0) reminded me of the pythons . Wink wink, alright . Got any pictures of the wife .... of course not ! Do you want some :0)

The Possum

Please forgive me if this doesn't work but images of seat...

10a8b3ff22.jpeg

10a6c67fda.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rocker66

That’s a neat looking job.

sid

Wow that's a looker. How much?

Steveb2418

Lovely rear ( seat not the wife , but then I don’t know ) ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Possum

Goes without saying the wifes rear is not going to be pictured but is very nice.

The seat was £200 which I reck'n is quite good for a real bespoke job.  Ed Junior will sit and listen to what you want / need and then give you a price for it.  

Rocker66
5 minutes ago, The Possum said:

Goes without saying the wifes rear is not going to be pictured but is very nice.

The seat was £200 which I reck'n is quite good for a real bespoke job.  Ed Junior will sit and listen to what you want / need and then give you a price for it.  

Seems good value for money especially if it makes you happier with the bike

Roy Atkinson

The seat looks well, does it stop you sliding forward towards the tank too much.

I find the original one should be more bulky and higher at the front.

To stop you always sliding forward.

wendeg
2 hours ago, sid said:

Wow that's a looker. How much?

+1

Rocker66
8 minutes ago, wendeg said:

+1

He said £200.

wendeg

😃was only referring to the first part of the statement

• Haha 3

Brigante7
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:35, The Possum said:

Was it a completely new seat or the original re-shaped ?

Brigante7.

The Possum

Sorry to not have responded sooner.  Took the original base for pillion and main rider and re shaped them both.

• Like 1

Black15

Shad do a great comfort seat for the NC. I do a daily return commute of 120 miles plus some touring and the original seat had me squirming after 50 miles or so. Just back from the TT with no problems after 3.5 hours in the saddle.

• Like 1

Ciaran1602

I've been considering this for a while. I've worked out what I thought was suspension squeak on my NC is actually the seat; it's horrendously uncomfortable for long journeys anyways so perhaps this is just the excuse I need?