Rocker66

Daytona hearted grips

Rocker66

Has anyone any experience of Daytona heated grips. If So I would appreciate any comments both positive and negative.

Tex
2 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Has anyone any experience of Daytona heated grips. If So I would appreciate any comments both positive and negative.

I had them on my Integra, Rock, and liked them. Three heat settings from warm to quite bloody hot, not too bulky and cheap. Nothing not to like. The control switch is a little fiddly to use (you have to press and hold a button and lights flash in sequence) but absolutely nothing you can’t get used to.

• Thanks 1

dazznutts

first set i had - had the on off switch on the grip but broke after about 6 weeks the second set were off the cheaper variation with the controller box on the handle bars - heat was ok on the three setting but switch box was on its way out just before my bike was written off in the accident i had last November

ncmf

I have had them on my nc700s since 2014 and they are much better than the previous grips I have used.

I now want a pair for my new Integra as the factory fitted ones have stopped working and they don't do the ones I had before which had a slider on the left hand grip to control the settings.  They seem to have replaced that with a little switch so I hope that works as well.

Andy m

Wouldn't you do better with heated gloves, either battery or plug in? Warmer because the back of the hand is also heated and can be used with any bike in the time it takes to charge them or find the auxiliary socket. 

Andy

Rocker66
3 hours ago, Andy m said:

Wouldn't you do better with heated gloves, either battery or plug in? Warmer because the back of the hand is also heated and can be used with any bike in the time it takes to charge them or find the auxiliary socket. 

Andy

We both had heated gloves along with heated jackets when commuting. Now that  we only ride for leisure and therefore will only be using the 500 & 650 on chilly evenings at the worst having to wear the heated jacket so that gloves can plug in or to plan ahead so as to charge up gloves is too much messing about. So much easier to just switch the grips on if temperature drops.

• Like 1

Marvincon

These are genuine Y****a (reluctant to use the word in your thread) 🙀 But there are no markings to that effect on them. They are compact and work well. Please don't hurt me 👍IMG_1613.JPG.636b2ce1873b3c3a18a7737583d4e0a5.JPG

Rocker66
57 minutes ago, Marvincon said:

These are genuine Y****a (reluctant to use the word in your thread) 🙀 But there are no markings to that effect on them. They are compact and work well. Please don't hurt me 👍IMG_1613.JPG.636b2ce1873b3c3a18a7737583d4e0a5.JPG

I wonder how much they cost and how easy they would be to fit to a Honda. Sue is having her Daytona grips fitted next week with an estimated cost of of £150 fitted.

BTW I have nothing against Yamaha bikes or products  just wouldn’t buy them due to extremely poor after sales service in the past.

Marvincon
48 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

I wonder how much they cost and how easy they would be to fit to a Honda. Sue is having her Daytona grips fitted next week with an estimated cost of of £150 fitted.

BTW I have nothing against Yamaha bikes or products  just wouldn’t buy them due to extremely poor after sales service in the past.

Just seen on auction site at £126 near 2x price of daytona, common to 22mm h/bars. No separate controller so easier install. They don't require a switched 12v, switch off when engine stops.

Rocker66

Then there is the cost of fitting and I have neither the required skills or incentive to fit them.

• Like 1