First 600 miles service costs!

Guest chickenflaps

I found Thunder Road to be very helpful (as it's my local dealer) - the guys they have on the service desk are helpful and will do the service required by Honda. All Honda dealers have the online service system that'll tell them how long the service will take and what parts/fluids are required so the difference in prices is down to labour and as others have said, the 'extras'.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• tc3

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also t

Guest Elvisto

I took mine in to Crewe Honda Centre last week, the 1st service was free, negotiated when I bought the bike,

I was asked if i'd like a sausage roll,(it was getting on for lunch time) No thanks, but I ended up with two, and loads of coffee etc, 

This dealer as far as I'm concerned, is one of the best I've encountered, I've never had a bike off them before and don't know any of the staff,

Oh. and they fitted the front fender extender for me foc, while doing the service, Brilliant  :D

Guest scrumpymike

As I understand it, all Honda do is issue dealerships with a standard time for each bike and service operation. The idea is to give the dealer the flexibility to apply what he considers to be his economic hourly labour rate (based on local variables such as cost of premises, wages etc). Unfortunately, that leaves the door wide open to abuse by any greedy dealer - either by inflating their hourly rate or (even worse) by adding items that are not part of Honda's official service schedule.

Re 4k versus 8k service interval, according to my dealer, you have to have at least an oil service every year to maintain your Honda warranty. I didn't argue the point, as I prefer to do that anyway.

I think that if you check your service book it will say service intervals as 8000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first or words to that effect

I knew that at the time - presumably the dealer did too but he was telling me something different!

Guest Ruby Stella

Thanks easytiger, that was clear ta. Tried again with fowlers to see if they had made a mistake but they ain't budging from £160. They said its cause their labour costs are £60 an hour. They made it politely clear they are not scouting for business snd that they're booked a month in advance so they don't need to match other prices and I can go elsewhere. Problem is I don't have any free days for weeks to go elsewhere so it's a massive pain. Groan moan etc.

Guest EasyTiger

If you live or work in central Bristol, Rona, these guys can do a service nearby...They advertise warranty-conforming servicing from £49.00 with full valet...Half price MOT with a service. I and mates have used them without any problems.

http://www.bristolbikedoc.co.uk/

In strict law, Honda can say that the regulations applying to their cars since 2003 (that manufacturers can no longer stipulate that servicing during the warranty period is only performed by their franchised dealers) don't apply to bikes. In practice, if the work is done by a reputable repairer they would be hard put to rely on this. The first service is oil and filter and checks/adjustments not beyond the scope of any competent mechanic.

While waiting, you can nip to Harts' bakery for a sausage roll or something tasty...

http://www.hartsbakery.co.uk/

First into the ovens in the morning are our sourdough loaves – made with just flour, water and salt. The long, slow fermentation gives excellent keeping quality and plenty of flavour.

Next to be baked are our handmade croissants and pastries. Made with organic flour and beautiful French butter they are crisp, rich and perfect with a coffee in the morning.

We also make plenty of cakes and biscuits so pop in and see what we’ve made today. Custard tarts* are available every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.   *Legendary!

Edited by EasyTiger
wozza

Just had my first service today at Lancaster Honda - a reasonable £98.99....:)

wozza

A penny cheaper than mine - I woz robbed!

Yes and just think what you could have done with that extra penny?!....... :hyper:

dandemann8

A penny cheaper than mine - I woz robbed!

Yes and just think what you could have done with that extra penny?!....... :hyper:

You can't even spend a penny with a penny.....  :dielaugh:  :dielaugh:  :dielaugh:  :dielaugh:

• Like 1
Guest Ruby Stella

That is a whole lot of snacks I can get! But I am worried that if I don't go to a honda dealer then they will somehow argue that warranty ain't valid if something does go wrong. Not sure it's worth it but still don't want to be robbed. It's more the principle than the cash. Well, it's the cash too.

Guest Southerner

Thanks easytiger, that was clear ta. Tried again with fowlers to see if they had made a mistake but they ain't budging from £160. They said its cause their labour costs are £60 an hour. They made it politely clear they are not scouting for business snd that they're booked a month in advance so they don't need to match other prices and I can go elsewhere. Problem is I don't have any free days for weeks to go elsewhere so it's a massive pain. Groan moan etc.

I think that the attitude of 'we're fully booked and you can go elsewhere' stinks.

£160 for the 600 miles serivice is, quite frankly, a rip off - it's an oil change, general check over and minor adjustment where needed.

wozza

That price just isn't acceptable and they are definitely ripping people off at that price!

Guest andrem

I got quoted 122 pounds at my dealer, mind you, that it's a converted price from my currency to yours so it might not be very useful for reference but still :)

gardener

First service done at Dobles today.£150 quid with a £10 discount.I didn't check till I got home, the charged £90 for labour.I waited for the bike , got there at half 8, bloke didn't take it into service area till 9, brought it out at .10.10am.£90!!! :ermm:

They do good deals on bikes but extortionate service costs.I suppose that is what pays for their new suPer service centre they are building. As from now I will go elsewhere.

• Like 1

First service done at Dobles today.£150 quid with a £10 discount.I didn't check till I got home, the charged £90 for labour.I waited for the bike , got there at half 8, bloke didn't take it into service area till 9, brought it out at .10.10am.£90!!! :ermm:

They do good deals on bikes but extortionate service costs.I suppose that is what pays for their new suPer service centre they are building. As from now I will go elsewhere.

Whoa! That's really OTT for a first service.

Guest bikeknut

First service is an oil and filter change. A quick eyeball to check nothing is falling off - 99% of the time they won't find a problem and I suspect mostly they don't bother to even look. Cost to dealer for parts and labour couldn't be more than £40.

Rocker66

First service is an oil and filter change. A quick eyeball to check nothing is falling off - 99% of the time they won't find a problem and I suspect mostly they don't bother to even look. Cost to dealer for parts and labour couldn't be more than £40.

Which is approximately what I paid. I really does seem to vary from dealer to dealer

Guest Southerner

Doble charged me less than that only three weeks or so ago - Basic price was £125 from memory.

Yes, that new service centre must be costing a few quid.

gardener

Was that for a dct version? If so, I am getting onto the phone tomorrow to them to ask for the price difference refunded.Can you get the actual price please for me? Thanks

£129 for the first service at the dealer where I bought the bike in Plymouth, ordinarily I would not go there.

On a slightly different subject , I am putting my S in today for the fitting of some Heated grips (roxter £22 from fleabay) a 12v socket £45 honda one, and some high profile honda handguards £100 ish not including labour so will let you know how much it all cost later?. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iBob

600m service on 750X - £99 all-in at Firstline in North London (from where I bought it).

Hoping to buy a 750X from 1stLine in the near future. What colour did you go for? 

I'm leaning towards the shiny red, but white also fits the bill. 

Cheers

Bob