First 600 miles service costs!

Guest chickenflaps

Lancaster Honda state the first service charge for a NC700x DCT will be about £85, and about £135 for the next service. I'm reasonably happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• tc3

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also t

I spoke to 1st Line a couple of days ago and was quoted £80 from one guy, then £110-120 from another today when I booked it in. Second guy explained that if you bought the bike from them they charge the lower price. When I first called I explained that I didn't buy the bike from them because they couldn't match another deal I got, but I wanted to do my servicing through them to return good customer service earlier in the sales process. The second guy wouldn't budge.

But quoting £80 and increasing to £110 elsewhere shouldn't be acceptable.

Mike5100

I think the dealers are getting caught out by the DCT versions - Mine ended up at £105 and I think they didn't realise that there was an extra (clutch) filter to change at the 600 service.

Mike

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can :)

• Like 1
steelhorseuk

Guys, my 600 mile service was totally free at the Honda dealer where I bought the bike. It was in the purchase deal!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Silver Hawk

600 miles service yesterday at P&H in Crawley cost me £127 (incl VAT). I thought that wasn't too bad until I read this topic :(

I wish we had a few more Honda dealers near Brighton to choose from......it's a great shame that Worthing Motorcycles / Portsmouth Motorcycles (same dealership) folder last year.....which only leaves P&H in Crawley (25 miles) or Dobles in Coulsdon(36 miles)....neither very close to Brighton, so not much choice.

And, to top it all, I got absolutely drenched coming back from Crawley after the service yesterday. :badmood:

Rocker66

Those are hardly great distances to travel to good dealer ( I don't know if they are or not) as I would rather travel 50 miles to a really good dealer than 5 miles to an indifferent one

Guest scrumpymike

Got my bike from Dobles and took it back to them (from Somerset) for first service and fitting of accessories ordered with the bike but not available from Honda at time of registration. Obviously won't have ongoing servicing done there but just wanted to report that they did a good job for me and have a good reputation. As already posted, they charged £116 for service including stiffening up rear shocker to suit my weight plus new luggage.

Guest Silver Hawk

Those are hardly great distances to travel to good dealer ( I don't know if they are or not) as I would rather travel 50 miles to a really good dealer than 5 miles to an indifferent one

They are not great distances, but when your excellent local Honda dealer is only 7 miles away (Worthing) and they suddenly close down....I'm then faced with a trip from Brighton to South London, which seems a little excessive to me...but maybe not to you.

Thanks scrumpymike, good to get some feedback about Dobles, should I decide to use them in the future.

Rev Ken

It's a 180 round trip to my preferred dealer (Honda Lancaster) - and only 90 miles round trip to my 'local' (Lloyds Honda Carlisle). To be fair the Carlisle dealer has given me good service as well, but I've bought my last three bikes from Lancaster, and I enjoy the ride!

Rocker66

I have to admit when my Crossrunner was pushed over by a group of delightful young men in trendy hoodies at a service station on the M6 on my trip up to Scotland I took my bike round to lloyds the next morning. I was lucky that the shop was just around the corner from the Premier Inn where I was booked to stop overnight. LLoyds did not have a brake lever in stock (the only damage other than a couple of scuffs) but took one off a new bike in the showroom and fitted it for me whilst I enjoyed a cup of their free tea. I was only charged the price of a new lever and the guy would not even take a drink from me. I was so pleased with this service I wrote to both the head man at LLoyds and Honda customer relations.As far as I'm concerned you can add LLoyds to the list of good guys

• Like 1
Rev Ken

Good to hear! I think we sometimes label a dealer unfairly after just one disappointment, forgetting all the good service we have had in the past. As we know losing your reputation is a lot easier than keeping it.

Guest volare71

Six Hundred mile oil change with filter and inspection cost $118 at Mesa Verde Motorsports in Cortez, Colorado. Face it, you have to support the royal Family! Should have rebelled like we did 250 years ago.

Rocker66

. Face it, you have to support the royal Family! Should have rebelled like we did 250 years ago.

Not if I had my way we wouldn't. Having said that if we didn't waste it on them we would just spend more sticking our nose into wars that don't concern us

• 2 weeks later...

My first service at supplying dealer Doble was £116 - no complaint there as they did me an outstanding deal on my PX. As already reported, tappets not scheduled until 8k mls. Your guys are extracting the urine mate and, if I were Honda and found out, I would give them a roasting for applying charges that are in total opposition to the bike's low cost of ownership promise. Just for the info of others, Bridge in Exeter were trying to play the same game with me but I took the precaution of getting service quotes before deciding where to buy the bike. I made my feelings known to Bridge in no uncertain terms and suggest you do the same to your dealer and to Honda UK. This is a straightforward case of a rogue dealer undermining Honda's marketing of this excellent bike.

I bought my NC700 x from Dobles last week and was told the first service would be around £100. So far quite happy with them and hopefully things will continue to work out. Had some problems with the Averto alarm but got it finally fixed without much of a hassle.

Chiswick Honda wanted £160 for the 600 mile service, 1st Line £120 but there was a two week wait for a service appointment.

I bought the oil filter, clutch oil filter, and new washer for £20 from Honda. 5W30 oil cost another £20.

The oil and filters change took about an hour. If you have the space and 8mm and 12mm spanners, and a 5mm Allen key, I'd recommend you try it.

The oil came out black/golden and the bike seemed to run smoother after the change. This might be me imagining it though.

Edited by nsa

Crusty, Good question! I recall someone saying that legally it just has be done by someone competent for the warranty to be valid. But I'll probably let the dealer do the first two services, before I start doing things myself. My last new bike (an FMX) always had the oil overfilled by my dealer, since then I've been reluctant to let them get their hands on any of my bikes.

Guest jdearauj

I bought my NC700 x from Dobles last week and was told the first service would be around £100. So far quite happy with them and hopefully things will continue to work out. Had some problems with the Averto alarm but got it finally fixed without much of a hassle.

Hi,

I bought my X from Dobles also, they said 600 mile service would be £115. But will wait and see as only done 300 miles so far. Am curious if you have heard from Dobles about your chain recall? I have a RK chain but was told I need to wait for a letter from Honda. Dobles have offered great service for the sale, but not pleased with the after care and with regards to the recall knowing I have a RK chain.

Guest Blu3m00nMCFC

Well Fowlers of Bristol messed up my del for my NC700X DCT had to wait an extra 3 days but because of that I've got a free 600 mile service :) so was worth the wait it seems.

• Like 1

Hi,

I bought my X from Dobles also, they said 600 mile service would be £115. But will wait and see as only done 300 miles so far. Am curious if you have heard from Dobles about your chain recall? I have a RK chain but was told I need to wait for a letter from Honda. Dobles have offered great service for the sale, but not pleased with the after care and with regards to the recall knowing I have a RK chain.

I've clarified with Dobles as there first quote was "off the cuff" and they now quoted me £120. I've only had positive experiences with them so far. Got a very good deal for the bike and Averto alarm. The alarm kept playing up in the beginning but they dealt with it straight away. In total it took a couple of days to finally fix it. Before the fourth attempt to fix it they said they would exchange it for a different alarm system from another manufacturer free of charge. In addition to the alarm I bought a datatag tool (I live in a really dodgy area) and they said they would install it foc with the 600 mile service. Can't really argue with that.

I have not had any information on the chain recall but will get in touch with them straight away.