First 600 miles service costs!

Guest chickenflaps

Just had first service and R&G heated grips fitted. £127.97. Very good but they didn't replace the clutch oil filter. Also there's a massive gap between the rubber on the throttle grip and handle bar switches which looks unsightly.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• tc3

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also t

Also there's a massive gap between the rubber on the throttle grip and handle bar switches which looks unsightly.

That's normal.

Thanks for letting me know. Though if I knew it was going to look like this I wouldnt had had geat grips fitted.

Whoops that was meant to read - I wouldn't have had heated grips fitted.

£103 for the first service from Two Wheels, Edinburgh. Also had my new chain fitted for free.

They seem to be selling quite a few NCs, everytime I'm in there they seem to be uncrating some (three today, two the last time I was in).

Yeah, when I had my first service on Monday I was chatting to the sales manager who said the NC's are literally flying out of the showroom, whereas sports bike sales, such as the Fireblade have fallen through the floor. I think Honda have definitely tapped into something that will make them a lot of money (i.e. cash conscious folk who are after cheap, reliable transport with a splash of fun.)

I think the other manufacturers are going be playing catch-up....

• Like 1
poldark
I think the other manufacturers are going be playing catch-up....

The downside of this success and with lack of direct competition, ignoring perhaps V-Strom/F650/Versys, is that people like me who can't get one quite yet, are likely to see higher pricing next year.

My bet would be that Honda (UK) will push the NC700X closer to 6.5k and position the CB500X at 5.0k.

(sorry for off-topic comment)

You maybe right, I think Honda have already pushed the sticker price up by £100 recently, but these bike are now discounted whereas a few months ago they weren't (I got my S for £5000).

However Honda will have to be careful with pricing, there are some very well priced competition out there. My local Suzuki dealers (both of them) had a batch of SV650S for £4000 otr - probably all gone now but that's seriously cheap and a direct competitor for the NC700S. The SV is a bit old in the tooth now and a bit small for me, but for some they'd be a fantastic buy.

I bought my NC700 x from Dobles last week and was told the first service would be around £100. So far quite happy with them and hopefully things will continue to work out. Had some problems with the Averto alarm but got it finally fixed without much of a hassle.

Hi,

I bought my X from Dobles also, they said 600 mile service would be £115. But will wait and see as only done 300 miles so far. Am curious if you have heard from Dobles about your chain recall? I have a RK chain but was told I need to wait for a letter from Honda. Dobles have offered great service for the sale, but not pleased with the after care and with regards to the recall knowing I have a RK chain.

I've clarified with Dobles as there first quote was "off the cuff" and they now quoted me £120. I've only had positive experiences with them so far. Got a very good deal for the bike and Averto alarm. The alarm kept playing up in the beginning but they dealt with it straight away. In total it took a couple of days to finally fix it. Before the fourth attempt to fix it they said they would exchange it for a different alarm system from another manufacturer free of charge. In addition to the alarm I bought a datatag tool (I live in a really dodgy area) and they said they would install it foc with the 600 mile service. Can't really argue with that.

I have not had any information on the chain recall but will get in touch with them straight away.

Been to Dobles today for the 600 miles service and very pleased with everything. Paid £116 for it (was quoted between £100 and £123 by them earlier), had data tool transponders fitted for free as compensation for trouble with Averto alarm (I bought the kit though), coffee on free flow and was told my left handlebar unit needed replacing because the horn-springy-thing isn't as springy as it should be ...

Two hour wait and free wifi ... can only recommend them (the other day one of the owners phoned me to ask if everything was ok with the bike, how I was getting on with it and if I thought everything had been done and dealt with by them to my expectations).

Been to Dobles today for the 600 miles service and very pleased with everything. Paid £116 for it (was quoted between £100 and £123 by them earlier), had data tool transponders fitted for free as compensation for trouble with Averto alarm (I bought the kit though), coffee on free flow and was told my left handlebar unit needed replacing because the horn-springy-thing isn't as springy as it should be ...

Two hour wait and free wifi ... can only recommend them (the other day one of the owners phoned me to ask if everything was ok with the bike, how I was getting on with it and if I thought everything had been done and dealt with by them to my expectations).

Always good to hear stories of good service. All to often we hear about bad experiences.

The service you recieved at Dobles pretty much mirrors exactly what I experienced on Monday at John Banks Honda in Bury St. Edmonds. Even the owner of the dealership (a big showroom which also sells Honda cars) made time to come over for a chat while my bike was serviced. Free coffee, wifi, and a comfortable waiting lounge made the whole experience very pleasant. I also like the fixed price servicing - £120 for the first service.

Guest scrumpymike

I had the same good experiences with Doble's - bought the bike from them and went back to have luggage, touring screen and centre stand fitted plus 600-ml service at the same time (also for £116).

scottiedoug

I will ned to check with my dealer the cost of the 1st service...When I collect it this week....Thanks for all the information guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Johns of Romford  £120,,,,,,,not bad but they could at least of cleaned it!!!!!     Ive had it nearly a month and am still awaiting  tall honda screen....

• 2 weeks later...

Had my nc700 dct serviced today £109 at two wheels in Edinburgh  , £56 for labour .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest upandhonda

Just chucked in my X for its first services at P&D Honda in wakefield. Shall let you know how much it cost. CBF500 courtesy bike provided.

hi nighthawk- how much was it @ p&d ?  - got my nc700x from castle @ castleford, so will go there, but interested to compare,thanks

Rocker66

Really can't understand you guys having to pay labour at the 600 mile service

Derek_Mac

I've just got a couple of quotes for the 600 mile service on my 700X dct and there's some difference in price between the two dealers!  :shocked:

First quote: Perth Motorcyles, my nearest Honda dealer, quote of £175.

Second quote: Phoenix Honda in Grangemouth, 12 miles further away than Perth, quote of £105 (and the nice lady said it was dearer because it was a dct with two filters) .   :dielaugh:  

Both the dealers were told that I hadn't originally purchased the bike from them, Perth motorcycles would only have charged me £60 if I'd bought it from them.

Mike5100

Phoenix are at the right price - that's what Tillstons in Stockton charged me.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...