Why are we paying MotoGP service prices?

Newoldbiker

Andy m
8 minutes ago, Tex said:

But what will it do that Percy the Triumph can’t? That’s not me asking, BTW, it’s Mrs 

Except for lowering the level of your bank balance? 

Get you off MOT hassles for a while and start the wear clock again. 

Do better wheelies

Either give you brief feelings of speed and/or let you collect points

Entertain/waste your time while you sort out the usual stuff like where to charge your phone. 

If a bit more go is something you'll use I can see positives, but in a world of traffic and cameras I can see Mrs T's point. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tex

• larryblag

• Defender

• Andy m

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that where the customer always comes first? 

* Larryblag stands up and salutes *

If Rocker had been able to keep his Crossrunner the services would have been way more expensive than his new 500 (obviously). And his Monkey will be half the cost of the 500..   My son has t

Posted Images

ChrisCB
15 minutes ago, Tex said:

That damn CB650R is getting under my skin a bit. It seems to combine just the right amount of the ‘good stuff’ (power, handling, brakes) with stunning (to my eyes) good looks. Every time I look at one I see the original CB400F (the bike that convinced me that the Japanese were actually serious!). 

Yes very nice indeed, I was lucky enough to get a days test ride on one at the TT. 

We're all easily tempted by shiney new stuff but my new policy is "only replace when worn out" I can't guarantee how long this policy will last!

I also got a ride on a (very trusting) friends V4S Panigale, praise the Lord what a machine! BUT.......

1 it's way too expensive 

2 it has way too much power for the road.

3 my back can't take it anymore.

4 it's a two wheeled Audi.

• Like 3
Just now, Chris750 said:

Yes very nice indeed, I was lucky enough to get a days test ride on one at the TT. 

We're all easily tempted by shiney new stuff but my new policy is "only replace when worn out" I can't guarantee how long this policy will last!

My Triumph will outlast me, no problem at all. :( Guess that’s settled then..

9 minutes ago, Andy m said:

If a bit more go is something you'll use I can see positives, but in a world of traffic and cameras I can see Mrs T's point. 

Andy

Understood. And (it’s killing me to admit it) actually agreed with..

• Like 2
alhendo1
59 minutes ago, Tex said:

That damn CB650R is getting under my skin a bit. It seems to combine just the right amount of the ‘good stuff’ (power, handling, brakes) with stunning (to my eyes) good looks. Every time I look at one I see the original CB400F (the bike that convinced me that the Japanese were actually serious!). 

This is the bike that got me into a Honda dealership 2 years ago after my brief period without a bike....I thought it looked fantastic with those downpipes and went in to enquire about it....something strange happened  (I'm sure it was something in the free tea😅) ....and......ended up with an NC750x and now a CB500x.......how did that work out??....I'm still genuinely confused....I test rode one at the Honda event last year and it is a silky smooth motor,frugal if you want it to be and also pulls off the trick of being easy to ride and still has more than enough power to get a lick on....In the future I wouldn't rule one out👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
larryblag

All very VERY good points. Doesn't stop me lusting after the Runt Pure though. 

alhendo1
2 minutes ago, larryblag said:

All very VERY good points. Doesn't stop me lusting after the Runt Pure though. 

Here you go...have a review on me😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
larryblag

Just listen to it as he rolls the throttle gently on... :shifty::o

Rocker66
5 hours ago, Tex said:

But what will it do that Percy the Triumph can’t? That’s not me asking, BTW, it’s MrsT :( 

Get you membership of the H.O.C.U.K. :):)

• Haha 2