Screws on the DCT motor

Guest Motocikls

Guest Motocikls

My honda NC750x DCT (2017) has a problem leaking oil from two screws. Watch the picture 

thumb_show.php?i=vpntmhwy

But before I unscrew the screws i want to know for what purpose these screws are? Unfortunately, I cannot find an engine layout scheme on the Internet to understand what the screws are responsible for. 
Perhaps someone here has encountered such problem or knows what the screws are for before I unscrew them and change.

IF you don't get a better answer, loosen each a little and smear something like Blue Hylomar in the gap, then tighten. It seems unlikely they are both leaking

embee

I'm pretty sure they are simply blanking plugs for the machining of the oil transfer passages which supply the clutches. The round boss which they sit on top if is where the clutch support bearing and ring seals fit, this allows the oil to be delivered into the actual clutch assemblies through the shaft. You can see all the seals etc which go into that boss on the diagram from https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

--PANNEAU-CARTER-MOTEUR-D-NC750SD-Honda-MOTO-750-NC-2017-NC750SDH-E_6_1.jpg.ab120d0193e64e09c874c798f982a6cc.jpg

The caps themselves aren't actually shown as separate items on that diagram.

It's very unusual for such items to leak. I think they will use some aluminium crush washers, which really are only intended for one use, then replace if necessary.

The first thing I'd do in such cases is to clean and degrease the area fully, use something like brake cleaner or similar. Check the plugs are actually tight, no torque figures are available but you'll know if they are sensibly tight just by feel. Check again for leaks after it has been running again for a while.

I can't quite tell from the picture, but if they have oil in the sockets then that is not from leaking, it can't get there. Only if there is signs of oil running down the case from around the washer is it leaking.

Has the bike been treated with ACF50? It could simply be from that.

• Like 1
kayz1

It is as has been said, they are blanking plugs, just been to remove them from my spare case..be aware they are extremely tight and made from soft cheese like Aluminium with the same Ali crush washer as Murray says.. No springs/balls or other such objects to fly out and get lost in the depths of the dark garage corners..I would use a socket type Alen wrench on them not an Allen key..and make sure it is a good fit..

Lyn.   

Edited by kayz1